Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide Comments for default
Is possible hide comments block for default?

At Layout Editor, this block not showed this option.

I wish, for default show at least 5 comments, instead All comments too...

Attached Files Image(s)

This is a good idea and enhancement.

I added two global variables so you can define that:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/commit/5f996fd7aa366ff94730ce36f9f4e589e61591ad#diff-48590fdb96f215e9c38678a0b6c946e0R79

update your code, execute cbupdater and give it a try.
Joe
TSolucio
What is global variable name?

And I suggest you move GlobalVariable, and businessMap to menu Setting ( instead Tools )

I think make more sense ...

ModComments_DefaultCriteria
ModComments_DefaultBlockStatus

Even after corebos_updater not show this values

Attached Files Image(s)

How are you updating your code? I'd say you are doing something wrong.
Joe
TSolucio
I downloaded code from github

And click on apply all, at corebos-updater
you should be using git to download the code and update your installs.
please make sure you have applied all code changes correctly.
also, remember to press on "Load changes" first
Finally try the variables in the online demo to make sure they are working correctly.
Joe
TSolucio
I did it, but this time the new variables do not appear for me Sad
check your build/changeSets/DefineGlobalVariables.php file, that is where the global variables are defined

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/blob/master/build/changeSets/DefineGlobalVariables.php#L77
Joe
TSolucio
(08-27-2016, 10:14 PM)rslemer Wrote: And I suggest you move GlobalVariable, and businessMap to menu Setting ( instead Tools )

I can't do this in general but you can do it in particular for your installs if that is what you want/need.
By design, only admin users can access modules that are in the Settings menu. Both GlobalVariables and Business mappings are modules that users can use. It may be rare, but it can happen. Where certain users can define how they want the application to behave.

Note that both of these modules permit defining variables/mappings per module and user, so where one user can have the comments open by default another could have them closed, and each of them could configure different behaviors of that block per module, ....

Even the system uses the global variable module in the background. For example, the global variable that defines which modules to search in the global search is automatically created and updated for you when you launch a search,....

They are VERY powerful module that make the system flexible.
Joe
TSolucio
This lines is missing

I can add manually?

(08-28-2016, 06:48 PM)joebordes Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 10:14 PM)rslemer Wrote: And I suggest you move GlobalVariable, and businessMap to menu Setting ( instead Tools )

I can't do this in general but you can do it in particular for your installs if that is what you want/need.
By design, only admin users can access modules that are in the Settings menu. Both GlobalVariables and Business mappings are modules that users can use. It may be rare, but it can happen. Where certain users can define how they want the application to behave.

Note that both of these modules permit defining variables/mappings per module and user, so where one user can have the comments open by default another could have them closed, and each of them could configure different behaviors of that block per module, ....

Even the system uses the global variable module in the background. For example, the global variable that defines which modules to search in the global search is automatically created and updated for you when you launch a search,....

ok!

(08-28-2016, 06:48 PM)joebordes Wrote:

(08-28-2016, 06:36 PM)joebordes Wrote: check your build/changeSets/DefineGlobalVariables.php file, that is where the global variables are defined

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/blob/master/build/changeSets/DefineGlobalVariables.php#L77

I move my copy to another directory

change in config.inc.php

Is working fine

This can affect corebos-updater ?