Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display field from another module
I added 2 fields to Contacts. They are start date and end date. When in Tickets modules I select contact but I would like to be able and see the start date and end date in the list view without clicking on the contact. So is it possible to view fields from a different module.
Yes. With the latest version of the code you should be able to select those fields in the list view. Simply create/edit the filter and the fields should be there for you to select.

Let me know how it goes because this is really new code, I just released it a few days ago.
Joe
TSolucio
Hi Joe yes that works for Tickets and Contacts. After thinking about my setup I created a module called Checkin with a related list to Contacts and Sales Orders, When I create a Checkin the contacts are in the the filter but the Sales Orders are not. Is it possible to include Sale Orders in the filter?
The only relations supported are direct relations, those that get just ONE record on the relation: for example, a ticket has ONE contact, ONE product, so those are shown, what is not supported is MANY, for example, you can't show all Contacts related to an Account. User reports for that.

Review your checkin module's relations if you need it to have just one SO

Glad it is working. Let me know if you run into anything odd
Joe
TSolucio
Yes it works ( I can see sales order in the filter) but I get a white screen when I select any filter from Sales Order. Even creating a new filter in Sales Order all I get is a white Screen. I think this was happening before I started creating modules could you check and see if its the same on your setup or just mine?

What I am trying to achieve is a membership crm. I will have the Contacts setup as Members. The Sales Order will be their membership and the Check in module will be used to see what members are checked in and if their membership is about to expire. My problem is when the member comes to check in all i want to do is select their name ( I now have to select the sales order too). Is it possible to create a workflow to auto select their start and end period from the Sales Order ( and include it in the filter for check-in). I know I could use the Customer Portal on their contact page as membership start and end date but then I would have to add dates in twice once in the Contact page and once in the Sales Order Page and I'm thinking it could get messy.
Yes, there was an error on inventory modules. I just uploaded a fix for that. pull the latest version and apply coreBOS updater.

Let me know how it goes
Joe
TSolucio
Sales order filters now work fine.