Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could we get the field helpinfo on detail view
Right now helpinfo for fields is only visible on edit view. Could we also show this on detail view? The reason for this is that some fields need some 'reading explanation', with which I mean tell the user what the data he/she is looking at means, even when they don't have rights to alter that data (like a displaytype 4).
This would be really nice and I have thought about it many times in the past, just never got around to doing it. Sincerely I blocked it because I would like to create a uitype abstraction, to make it easier to manipulate each uitype and clean up the enormous if-else that is in the template, which would also help with templating(CSS) ....
Joe
TSolucio
Quote:Sincerely I blocked it because I would like to create a uitype abstraction, to make it easier to manipulate each uitype and clean up the enormous if-else that is in the template, which would also help with templating(CSS)

For the menu I've already once created a Components.tpl file. Using the Smarty function/call principle you can create much better code that simply calls/constructs components based on what you defined in the Components.tpl file. That was my idea for LDS implementation but could also be used for the current setup.