Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock states: which ones are appropriate
I'm thinking about the stock fields we have and how they would need to be expanded. To do that, I first want to step out of coreBOS and into the real world to establish a list of 'stock states' that a product can have. I've come up with this so far:

In stock
You have the product. It's on your shelf, up for grabs and ready to sell!
Reserved for order
The product is psysically in your warehouse, but it has been sold on a salesorder (or some other sales entity). So basically, it is reserved to be delivered sometime soon
Reserved for assembly
You have the product in stock, but a product for which this product is an 'assembly part' is sold but not assembled yet. So basically, you know you need to assemble a product in the near future where X quantity of this product will be needed to complete the assembly
Backorder
You don't have the product in stock, but a purchase order for it is pending at your supplier
In demand
You don't have the product in stock, nor is there a purchase order pending but there is demand (like on a salesorder or other entity)

I'll add to this list as I dream up more, but let me know if you can think of some!
(10-26-2018, 05:45 PM)Guido1982 Wrote: I'm thinking about the stock fields we have and how they would need to be expanded. To do that, I first want to step out of coreBOS and into the real world to establish a list of 'stock states' that a product can have. I've come up with this so far:

In stock
You have the product. It's on your shelf, up for grabs and ready to sell!
Reserved for order
The product is psysically in your warehouse, but it has been sold on a salesorder (or some other sales entity). So basically, it is reserved to be delivered sometime soon
Reserved for assembly
You have the product in stock, but a product for which this product is an 'assembly part' is sold but not assembled yet. So basically, you know you need to assemble a product in the near future where X quantity of this product will be needed to complete the assembly
Backorder
You don't have the product in stock, but a purchase order for it is pending at your supplier
In demand
You don't have the product in stock, nor is there a purchase order pending but there is demand (like on a salesorder or other entity)

I'll add to this list as I dream up more, but let me know if you can think of some!

Hello !

I'm very interested of these stock states for a client. I don't imagine other states. It's rather complete.

Have you already add this to Products module, with new field perhaps ? Perhaps also linked to assets ?

Please let me know
Hi Gerald,

I just had a talk with Joe about ERP stuff. I have some buns in the oven on this. First of all I want to revamp inventory modules like invoices, quotes etc. To use a new block that works directly on inventorydetails. Then the inventory-functionality should not be limited to the 6 modules hardcoded in the system. There is some mockup here, I think Joe still has an online version of it but you could clone it and fire it up I think.

There is also this. But that it quite specific and does what I needed it to do at the time. I would like to bring a lot of that functionality into the main system. Lastly but most powerfull: this module is quite simple but will allow you to attach all kinds of workflows to an inventory mutation.

That are some of the pieces I've developed so far. Now to put them all together.
(05-12-2020, 08:17 AM)Guido1982 Wrote: Hi Gerald,

I just had a talk with Joe about ERP stuff. I have some buns in the oven on this. First of all I want to revamp inventory modules like invoices, quotes etc. To use a new block that works directly on inventorydetails. Then the inventory-functionality should not be limited to the 6 modules hardcoded in the system. There is some mockup here, I think Joe still has an online version of it but you could clone it and fire it up I think.

There is also this. But that it quite specific and does what I needed it to do at the time. I would like to bring a lot of that functionality into the main system. Lastly but most powerfull: this module is quite simple but will allow you to attach all kinds of workflows to an inventory mutation.

That are some of the pieces I've developed so far. Now to put them all together.

Hi Guido,

Thank you for this complete answer.
I will have a look to others but this one seems to fit exactly what my client needs :

"Lastly but most powerfull: this module is quite simple but will allow you to attach all kinds of workflows to an inventory mutation."

Thanks !
No problem. Just hold on a minute, I think it would be good if we talk to Joe about putting that module in the main repo. Ideally there will be no problems with that but I think it would be good to discuss.
(05-12-2020, 09:44 AM)Guido1982 Wrote: No problem. Just hold on a minute, I think it would be good if we talk to Joe about putting that module in the main repo. Ideally there will be no problems with that but I think it would be good to discuss.

Ok. I'm waiting for it. Please tell me when done.

Thanks !

Gérald