Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extending the email wftask merge tags
I'm having a problem with this functionality. We use the regular ModComments module for everything, also for tickets. Now I noticed the comments were coming up empty when testing in tickets, so I dumped the query produced here to the log and noticed it it hardcoded to search for comments in the 'ticketcomments' table, not the regular modcomments table. This is an issue for u since we always work on the modcomments module.

How would you propose we fix this?

Come to think of it: this won't help us. We use workflow tasks that trigger on the first save of the comment, not the parent module. What I want is not get the comments related to the parent, but the siblings of the comment we're firing on. The reason is that we use the '@' symbol followed by a name when searching through the comment content using the regular condition functionality. That is used to determine who should receive the e-mail.

So what I really want is to use this metavariable to get the siblings of the comment that triggers the workflow task, and then use the same ordering and date formatting technique. Preferably by extending this function.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extending the email wftask merge tags - Guido1982 - 08-04-2020, 09:27 AM