Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Code Update
Hi All!

I had a question regarding CoreBOS updates. If we want to update to a later version (basically update all the code), is there a risk of functionality failures?
I imagine that in this case, to preserve the data, all the custom modules, data, business actions, business maps, etc. would have to be exported from the old version and import them to the updated version, correct?
(12-07-2021, 10:56 AM)javier Wrote: Hi All!

I had a question regarding CoreBOS updates. If we want to update to a later version (basically update all the code), is there a risk of functionality failures?
I imagine that in this case, to preserve the data, all the custom modules, data, business actions, business maps, etc. would have to be exported from the old version and import them to the updated version, correct?

Hello! 

If we did that, it would be a lot of work since we're doing updates anytime, and things are moving a lot, so that's why we have a powerful tool: coreBOS Updater ;
The process is a lot easier and controlled. If you want more information, please refer to this part of the documentation: https://corebos.com/documentation/doku.php?id=en:devel:corebosupdater

Thank you!
Thanks!!