Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class names and id's for elements
It would help a lot (and I'm willing to write some code for this) if we'd have some more classnames and id's on elements. I'm thinking it's just a few additions to some TPL files, no harm done to the core. But this would help theme-wise to target certain elements with CSS and use icon fonts (which would reduce the number of files to be downloaded and make for better images). If you're willing to put this in the core repo, I'd be willing to propose some changes.
Of course! That sounds perfect. In fact a few weeks ago I made a change in this sense and added some IDs:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/commit/e5e7f20cc47bb4623b5eced6572b45479c95e86b

Please make a Pull Request and I will attend
Joe
TSolucio
Great, I'll merge the latest master repo with mine and get to it!

Well, I've created this: https://github.com/Luke1982/corebos-orig/commit/19d95d61ed04c3593ef61aeb47a47d90cefd0cc7 but I can't compare between the tsolucio master branch and my master branch on github, even though I set you branch as the 'upstream'. This won't allow me to create a pull...

And this commit: where I also add an ID to the table as a whole.
I noticed that also. I tried to merge you "All Menu" change with a PR but I couldn't either. It is because it isn't a fork of the project. I suspect you created a new project and committed all the coreBOS code. Although the contents is the same, the result isn't. Github doesn't know that the two projects are related.

I'm not sure how to go about that.

I can extract the patch from your commit and apply it on coreBOS, but I would really like you to create the PR because that way you appear in the history of the project, your contributions can be seen which is good for you and for the project. If I pickup the patch it looks like I did.

Give it a little investigation to see if you can relate the projects somehow and if not let me know and I will integrate manually.
Joe
TSolucio
That is correct, since I already created a fork (which is quite hacked) I wanted to create a clean one. I did some research and thought I found a solution by creating the repo (exact copy of the latest coreBOS image at the time) in my account and connecting the upstream to your repo later on. According to the posts I found, this should fool github into treating it like a normal fork. Sadly, it doesn't..
I removed the old fork (since it was too hacked anyway). And created a fresh one. Here I've commited the changes, will create a pull.
Received and accepted. Thank you!
Joe
TSolucio
One thing I can't get my head around so far. I added classnames in DetailView.tpl, but they don't work for any module that has something to do with inventory (Quotes, PO's Invoices, Products and Services). I went over the DetailView.tpl file four thousand times and checked almost every other TPL file but I can't find the detailview blocks for these modules.
Those modules have their own templates, they are a little special due to the product lines. Look in Smarty/templates/Inventory
Joe
TSolucio
Ah, I looked in the templates/modules folder for the module names, did not check the inventory folder.