Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new module development: Packing Slips
In the meantime I've created a first version of the Manifest file. Here are my questions so far:

Specific to this manifest
  1. In the example I used, in the 'related products' block, the sequence starts with 10, then moves on to 13 in the next field. But doesn't the sequence always re-start for every block? And shouldn't it just increment by one? I left it the way it was now because I thought maybe this is special for related product blocks.
  2. I'd like to add the following customlink: In a salesorder detailview there should be an action that points to 'module=PackingSlip&action=CreateView&sourcerecord=SALESORDER_CRM_ID', as to create a packingslip from a sales order and auto fill the account, products and so on. How would I do this here? Or should I create a 'postinstall' script for this?

For general manifests
  1. Forgive me for probably asking this a second time, but what does the 'generated type' mean?
  2. How does 'presence' translate to the eventual templates? In the example file I used as a starting point, some fields were set to 0.
  3. If I recall correctly, the info_type is not used anymore?
  4. Can I use labels from the arrays in the files in the 'language' folder in the 'helpinfo'? I saw an example from vtiger 6 manifest handling for this, but I'm not sure if we have this also.
  5. This one I also probably asked before: I use the 'entityidentifier' on the 'packingslip_no' field. I understand this is the ultimate identifier for an entity-module record, but why is it used inside a different field?

That's it for now, will report back after further work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: new module development: Packing Slips - Guido1982 - 10-08-2016, 11:38 AM