Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new module development: Packing Slips
(10-08-2016, 11:38 AM)Guido1982 Wrote: [*] In the example I used, in the 'related products' block, the sequence starts with 10, then moves on to 13 in the next field. But doesn't the sequence always re-start for every block? And shouldn't it just increment by one? I left it the way it was now because I thought maybe this is special for related product blocks.

If you specify the sequence you have to manually set the value and increment it accordingly. It does not increment automatically nor restart on a new block, it uses the number you give it.

(10-08-2016, 11:38 AM)Guido1982 Wrote: [*] Forgive me for probably asking this a second time, but what does the 'generated type' mean?

it is to distinguish custom fields created on the layout editor from main fields. It really isn't used much in the application, on the layout editor and also there is a hidden functionality on date fields where it won't set the default day to "today". Set your manifest fields to 1

(10-08-2016, 11:38 AM)Guido1982 Wrote: [*]How does 'presence' translate to the eventual templates? In the example file I used as a starting point, some fields were set to 0.

presence effectively hides the field. when you go to layout editor and hide a field, what happens is the presence is set to 1, when you show it it is set to 0
(yes, I know, the logic is inverted :-( )

(10-08-2016, 11:38 AM)Guido1982 Wrote: [*]If I recall correctly, the info_type is not used anymore?

correct

(10-08-2016, 11:38 AM)Guido1982 Wrote: [*]Can I use labels from the arrays in the files in the 'language' folder in the 'helpinfo'? I saw an example from vtiger 6 manifest handling for this, but I'm not sure if we have this also.

Yes, we do, helpinfo field is passed through the translator before showing on screen so set it to a reference and then translate that in your module's language file

Code:
<helpinfo><![CDATA[field_help]]></helpinfo>

then in your language file

PHP Code:
'field_help' => 'This is the help for this field'

(10-08-2016, 11:38 AM)Guido1982 Wrote: [*]This one I also probably asked before: I use the 'entityidentifier' on the 'packingslip_no' field. I understand this is the ultimate identifier for an entity-module record, but why is it used inside a different field?

The entityidentifier directive is doing two things, one is defining the ultimate identifier of the module, the other is marking which field you want to show when this module is used as a reference. In other words, if some other module creates a uitype10 to your module, when you look at a record on that module (detailview or listview) you will see the fields that you have set the entityidentifier.
Joe
TSolucio

Messages In This Thread
RE: new module development: Packing Slips - joebordes - 10-09-2016, 09:28 AM