Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forum Down (Hardware Changes)
Exclamation 
Just a heads up everyone.

At some point today I will be shutting down the server that the forum runs on in order to install two brand new UPSs into the server rack. The installation shouldn't take more than an hour.  I wasn't expecting delivery of these power units until next week, but CDW, as always, is good about seeing things get sent out in a very timely manner.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
(03-04-2017, 03:15 PM)mweaver Wrote: Just a heads up everyone.

At some point today I will be shutting down the server that the forum runs on in order to install two brand new UPSs into the server rack. The installation shouldn't take more than an hour.  I wasn't expecting delivery of these power units until next week, but CDW, as always, is good about seeing things get sent out in a very timely manner.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hardware changes are complete.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Thanks!!
Joe
TSolucio
(03-04-2017, 10:05 PM)joebordes Wrote: Thanks!!

you're welcome. I was really glad to see those two units. The weather her has been nuts. One day it's really warm and then a cold front starts moving through and the weather gets violent. I've been nervous all week expecting the power to go out. Generally, the Linux servers fair pretty well, though it's not good for any filesystem, but MS Exchange really hates being knocked down like that. I've already lost one Exchange database from a power outage forcing the server down. It took me a week to restore it. Not a nice way to find out your battery backup batteries were not in good shape.
Mark

microsoft..... :-D
Joe
TSolucio
(03-04-2017, 11:56 PM)joebordes Wrote: microsoft.....  :-D

Yup... now ya know where all my Linux skills got to. They got buried in mounds of obfuscated crud.
Mark