Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up a complete Asterisk integration
I'm working on setting up a test environment for an Asterisk server. This will involve using a Raspberry Pi 3 with the special RaspBX operating system, a custom VOIP trunk and of course coreBOS integration.

I'd like to setup a thread here to create a sort of documentation/discussion about this. Not meant to be very Asterisk or Raspberry Pi specific (although it could touch on that), but mostly to work out the Asterisk integration in coreBOS. Since I have no experience at all with setting up something like this I'd like to fire off by posing an open question:

Who has made succesfull Asterisk integrations in either vTiger of coreBOS? If so, did you use a hosted or self-hosted Asterisk? What were your pitfalls, what are the most likely errors to occur when connecting coreBOS to Asterisk? What are the main steps (in completion to the ones found here)?
I attach a reference to the thread: http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:devel:asterisk
Joe
TSolucio
A small update on my progress:

I've bought a Raspberry Pi 3B and installed RaspBX on it. I've setup a test-trunk at a provider so I can make test calls. I'm using X-lite as a softphone on my PC (but I guess a lot of other will do a good job as well). I've setup my home router (provided by my ISP) to open port 5060 (default FreePBX port) and send traffic to that port to my Pi. The router is configured to fix the IP address of the Pi by getting it's MAC address and setting that to the same IP every DHCP refresh. I am by no means a networking expert so I'm wondering why I should open port 5060 on my router when FreePBX on the Pi is listening to 5060 on the Pi, not on the router. My router uses only IPv6 addresses (except for internal traffic).

So far I've only been able to dial out from the softphone to my mobile phone, where I can talk from my mobile and hear it on the PC end. No audio the other direction. This probably has something to do with (forums say 99% percent sure) my router/NAT settings. I need to open a port range between 10000 and 20000.

Basically I presume I should be able to reach my Pi from the outside by
Code:
http://{MY_ROUTER'S_PUBLIC_IP}:5060
, so this is the address I used in the PBX manager in coreBOS. I'm not sure which user to use, admin? FreePBX can setup multiple users but that's more an extension thing. But I need a single master-user in the PBX module admin after which I should be able to create extensions.

I can choose between Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6 in the PBX module, but I'm on version 13. No idea how compatible this all is.

Anyway, trying to save the settings in the PBX module in coreBOS just directs me back to the module collection page, but settings don't seem to get saved. Also, no error message.
Hi.

Please update your code and try again, please.

It was a problem with the special characters on password field.

Can you see the commit here: https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/commit/363e8297596a6271b6753c9c5554280b4b267ea4
Thanks! I'll give that a try and come back to you
Well, I have my Asterisk working in two directions, pretty nicely but no coreBOS integration yet. Either clicking a phone no. or starting AsteriskClient.php from the command line gets me a error 110: connection timed out.
I used the wrong port. The FreePBX port is 5060, but still the underlying Asterisk port is still 5038. Now I get connection refused.

5060 is NOT the FreePBX port, it is the SIP port.
The only place that value seems to be hardcoded is to set the default value of the port:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/blob/master/Smarty/templates/modules/PBXManager/Settings.tpl#L142

Can you get a little more information out of the call that is returning the connection refused? or from the PBX logs?
Joe
TSolucio
I'll try to get some more verbose info. In the meantime since opening port 5060 on my router immediately IP's from China, Germany and France were trying to break in (within an hour)...
Well, I've tested the corebos's asterisk connector and if for the sake of easiness you put in admin's user and password after you gave access to corebos's ip on manager.conf at the administrator section it works great for outgoing. For incoming calls it misses calls to group and queues if you have those apps but can be corrected. Also because the field type where corebos's and vtigercrm store the number is bigint you lose a 0 at the beginning of the numbers if your country start with 0. That's also easy to correct. You have to have asteriskclient.php running at corebos's instalation. In production installations situations might get more difficult as you have to take in consideration access and things like that