Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cron Job for Mail Converter/Workflow
It's a Monday on a Tuesday... Get one mystery solved and another one pops up. almost there...

I'm getting this returned when vtigercron.sh runs at it's scheduled time: 4 times an hour - 15 minute intervals.
Quote:[INFO]: Workflow - not ready to run as the time to run again is not completed
Failed! [TroubleTickets] is not enabled for scanning![INFO]: Scheduled Import - not
ready to run as the time to run again is not completed

[TroubleTickets] is the scanner name I have setup in Mail Converter.

I did a quick comparison with my old installation on the old server and realized Scheduled Import was inactive. So I changed it's status. Now Cron reports only this:
Quote:Failed! [TroubleTickets] is not enabled for scanning!

I promise you that the Mail Converter it's referring to is definitely enabled. So, my question is...

What am I missing here?
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
From what I see that is telling you that the mail converter has not been able to correctly read your email account.

That message comes from here:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/blob/master/cron/MailScanner.service#L38

and is emitted when the scanner is invalid. that property comes directly from the database:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/blob/master/modules/Settings/MailScanner/core/MailScannerInfo.php#L89
Joe
TSolucio
(12-19-2017, 05:33 PM)joebordes Wrote: From what I see that is telling you that the mail converter has not been able to correctly read your email account.

That message comes from here:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/blob/master/cron/MailScanner.service#L38

and is emitted when the scanner is invalid. that property comes directly from the database:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/blob/master/modules/Settings/MailScanner/core/MailScannerInfo.php#L89

I get what you're saying, but there's something that doesn't add up. It connects and does it's thing when I run it manually from the converter, but it fails when cron tries to do it. 

Mail Manager, using the exact same connection information is unable to connect to the IMAP service on the Exchange server which suggests something else is going on either within CoreBOS or Exchange. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to configure Sendmail/Procmail to act as an edge MTA again and I was hoping to avoid that.

Something is different between C5 and C7 in this specific regard and damned if I can see what it is.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Look in your database, the table vtiger_mailscanner_folders and see what value the isvalid column has, if it is false, try forcing it to true directly in the database. From what I read in the code that value gets set accordingly if the test passes.

The biggest email change from C5 to C7 is really at the PHP level. PHP has upped it's security and is doing a lot of checking and validations that emails and emails servers are playing correctly.
Joe
TSolucio
Hi Joe,

I checked the database table you mentioned and that field doesn't exist. However, the field does exist in vtiger_mailscanner and the value is 1.
Mark

Ok... Here's the latest... Woke up at mid-night - my time - cause I couldn't sleep. Woke up thinking about this issue, so I got up and got to work. A few hours later and my LAMP server is now also an Edge Email server. Sendmail, and Dovecot (imap service) are all configured and working. (so C7 would be looking at a local IMAP server rather than looking at Exchange because I'm convinced it hates Exchange or something that Exchange is doing.)

For the last hour and a half I've been trying to understand what it is that C7 wants as far as an Imap connection goes. MailManger acts like it connects and in fact I can see the handshake happening if I tail the maillog on the LAMP server. I can see the imap server connections being made. After putzing around with it a while it's making an SSL connection and authenticating to the imap service and sees the folders (inbox) and shows a message count, but it absolutely will not open the folder and list the messages. Outlook connects and sees everything normally. I had to use something to test the imap service with. 

Mail Converter is connecting to the localhost imap service as well using the LAN IP address (mail manager the same as is Outlook). It will scan the folder manually and do what it's supposed to but the defined cron job will not.

Still getting this error from the cron daemon: Failed! [TroubleTickets] is not enabled for scanning! (mail scanner sees all the imap folders as well and I've selected only the inbox. So, I'm thoroughly stumped. I can't think of anything else that could be troubling this critter.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mark

I have a confession to make. I apologize to everyone, but especially to Joe. My apologies Joe if I have wasted your time or caused any consternation in regards to this issue. This issue is/was a direct result of human stupidity on my part completely.

I noticed it this morning when I was reviewing messages that came in over night. I looked in the folder containing responses from cron jobs that run on the LAMP server. There in plain site was the reason for the problem. I was calling the wrong script in the cron job setting! UGH!!!  

In my haste last week to get everything buttoned up with CoreBOS 7 and running C5 and C7 side-by-side on the same server so I'd have access to old data I lost site of that fact when I entered the cron job in the system. I was calling the vtigercon.sh from the old (C5) CoreBOS installation. So, of course I would get the messages I've posted here.

At any rate, I made the necessary change this morning and when the quarter hour hit ALL KINDS of things started popping into my mailbox. Notifications about contacts being setup, trouble-tickets being created, etc...

It hasn't been a total waste of time though on this end. My Exchange server is once again safely hidden behind Sendmail/SpamAssassin, and I've started a procedure sheet - check list - for myself in case I have to repeat this process again. (God! I hope not - being busy makes me miss things at least that's what I'm blaming it on.) 

So, please forgive a knuckle-head for not seeing the obvious. I sit here humbly with egg on my face.
Mark

No problem at all!! I'm glad it is working for you.

Merry Christmas :-)
Joe
TSolucio