CoreBOSBB
Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - Printable Version

+- CoreBOSBB (https://discussions.corebos.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://discussions.corebos.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Administrator Support (https://discussions.corebos.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? (/showthread.php?tid=1018)

Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - Guido1982 - 04-06-2018

I was just wondering (I searched the docs but couldn't find anything) if we have an application kind of way (like a business map or global variable) that would allow me to change the columns on the related lists. Use case: I'd like to show the serial no. in the related list for Assets without modifying the Assets.php file.

RE: Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - joebordes - 04-06-2018

List Column Business Maps were created for this requirement:

http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:adminmanual:businessmappings:list_columns

RE: Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - Guido1982 - 04-06-2018

That's fantastic! I was doing a search for 'related', that's why I couldn't find it. Exactly what I needed. By the way, if I have custom modules where I want to use this, do I need to alter any of my code?

And also, if I wanted to do this for the related view on all parent modules, is there a way to set this? Or do I just leave 'parentmodule' empty for this purpose? (Or do I need to create a BM for every parent module?)

RE: Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - kapsule - 04-06-2018

Hi Guido1982. You do not need to modify any of your code to adapt the business maps. If the module you have created is based on a standard of corebos there is no problem.

For related views you can also apply the same concept. Simply create a map for each of the lists you need to modify.

RE: Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - rslemer - 04-07-2018

(04-06-2018, 09:02 AM)joebordes Wrote: List Column Business Maps were created for this requirement:

http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:adminmanual:businessmappings:list_columns

Not is possible use a custom view for override a default options?

RE: Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - Guido1982 - 04-09-2018

Quote:You do not need to modify any of your code to adapt the business maps. If the module you have created is based on a standard of corebos there is no problem.
Thanks, but what if I created a module based on 'older' code? I mean the 'moduleDir' in the 'build' folder gets updated as coreBOS progresses, so modules I based on older versions of the 'moduleDir' will have an older codebase. Could you point me to the code where the business map is implemented so I can check my modules and adjust them if necessary?

Quote:For related views you can also apply the same concept. Simply create a map for each of the lists you need to modify
Thanks, but my question was mainly about the fact that I saw a 'parentmodule' directive. Cool if we can adjust the behaviour on a per-module basis (so we could show related lists that adapt to the module they are shown in), but does that mean I should create a map for each parent module that has a related list?

Simply put: If I have a related list for assets on accounts, salesorders and invoices and I want to adjust the related list columns for all three 'parent modules', do I need to create one map, or three?

Quote:Not is possible use a custom view for override a default options?
I think custom views are the source for the filters in list view, or am I misunderstanding you?

RE: Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - joebordes - 04-09-2018

The list columns business maps should work even with really old vt5.4 vtlib modules (if those work at all anymore), but you should update your modules to get all the new functionality

One list columns business map per module is all you need as you can define different layouts per parent module inside that one map.

RE: Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - Guido1982 - 04-09-2018

Think it would be wise to check out the commits on the moduleDir right? To see what the recent changes have been. Maybe would be nice to have a changelog in the docs somewhere. I could setup a forum post that would get that started.

RE: Do we have an application-way of manipulating the related list columns? - joebordes - 04-09-2018

The base module files are mostly empty, the only file with some functionality is the main class file and even that one is mostly empty. Any changes in that directory for a long time have been to move the code to the base functionality files in modules/Vtiger, so I don't think it would very useful to comment anything there.