Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fail to mail merge custome field
Hello,

I'm trying to use the mail merge to create document from tikect.

Following the instructions in:
http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:openoffice_integration&s and
http://corebos.org/documentation/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=es:user:oo_test_template.odt

Quote:The OpenOffice Merge has been tested and should work fine on custom fields too. Please use your field label as reference

ie: if I create a custom field on the Leads module and call it MoonAddress I should be able to merge it using the LEAD_MOONADDRESS label

The merge will not work on custom fields with a label containing white spaces (ie Moon Address)

I fail to merge custom field using the above technique. in my case the field name is TESTABC so I used this reference: TICKET_TESTABC

Any advice will be appreciated.
I had no problem at all.
I went to the support tickets module, settings, layout editor, added a custom text field called testabc, edited the template you link above and added this line:

helpdesk_testabc=TICKET_TESTABC

mass edited the field and merged: I got the line filled in correctly:

helpdesk_status=Open
helpdesk_title=Problem about cannot hear your salesperson on asterix calls
helpdesk_solution=
helpdesk_category=Small Problem
helpdesk_severity=Minor
helpdesk_priority=Low
helpdesk_relatedto=Dahlia Benett
helpdesk_testabc=zxze
Joe
TSolucio
(08-06-2018, 03:34 PM)joebordes Wrote: I had no problem at all.
I went to the support tickets module, settings, layout editor, added a custom text field called testabc, edited the template you link above and added this line:

helpdesk_testabc=TICKET_TESTABC

mass edited the field and merged: I got the line filled in correctly:

helpdesk_status=Open
helpdesk_title=Problem about cannot hear your salesperson on asterix calls
helpdesk_solution=
helpdesk_category=Small Problem
helpdesk_severity=Minor
helpdesk_priority=Low
helpdesk_relatedto=Dahlia Benett
helpdesk_testabc=zxze

Thank you for your reply.

I did more test and narrow down the issue in corebos demo env.
Attach two template that using TICKET_TESTABC (I allso create the fields and upload to corebos demo env).
oo_test_template7.odt
oo_test_template-cf-test.odt

One is working and one is not.
I don't relay need solution to the problematic template, because it only to test.

Other issue more important to me. is non Latin charactiers in custom the field name don't seem to work!
Attach template that using TICKET_פריט1 (I allso create the fields and upload to corebos demo env).
oo_test_template-cf-test2.odt

P.S. The forum don't allow me to upload odt file, all uploaded to the corebos demo env. can provide them via email etc.

I
You must be very careful when applying formats to the labels, the label must be formatted completely, at the same time with the same format. You cannot apply different formatting to different parts of the label. You have to be VERY careful with this as it is the source of 90% of merging problems. Word processors tend to add a lot of noise in the final saved file, that noise breaks our internal manipulation of the labels. For example, I opened the template that doesn't work and this is what the field label looks like:

Code:
<text:span text:style-name="T1">=TICKET_</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T2">TESTABC</text:span>

As you can see TICKET_TESTABC has been split so we cannot find it. I cleaned the format using the Format > Clear Format (ctrl-M) option and it worked, I think even the special character one worked.

I uploaded the template to the demo.
Joe
TSolucio
Thank you!