Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHP 7.4 error
Hallo everybody,

my web povider has updated the PHP Version from 7.0 to 7.3 and alternatively 7.4

When I use PHP 7.4 so I get the error message

"A PHP version from 5.3.x to 7.3.0 is required. Your current PHP version is 7.4.11-he.0 - Kindly adapt your PHP installation, and try again!".

At the moment i have configured my webspace to php 7.3 but when these version is out of time i can't use my installation with php 7.4. Is there anybody who can help me to run my corebos installation normally? I can't change to another PHP-Version because its a installation running on a webservice provider called Hosteurope in Germany.
Hi

coreBOS has been fully PHP 7.4 compatible for many months now and we are currently working on PHP 8 support. All you have to do is update your coreBOS.

If you need someone to do that for you, contact me (for example)
Joe
TSolucio
Wink 
Thanks for your answer.

(11-19-2020, 12:06 AM)joebordes Wrote: Hi

coreBOS has been fully PHP 7.4 compatible for many months now and we are currently working on PHP 8 support. All you have to do is update your coreBOS.

If you need someone to do that for you, contact me (for example)

I have my corbos installation on a webspace. I don't have any ssh connect, only access with ftp. How can i update my installation without destroying it (never touch a running system Smile ). It is possible when i mount the directory (with curlftpfs) in my Debian installation, update with GitHub and it works? I think my corbos version is 7.0

Thanks Kai
I really recommend that you get a hosting where you can ssh and execute git, it makes things a LOT easier.

If that is not possible what I usually do is keep a local copy of the code in a directory (this is also a backup). This copy is under git control. When you want to update, you git pull and update the directory, if you have this on a local web server you can even update the database and test everything before making the changes on the live site.

Once you have the local copy updated you can use the ftp mirror option to update the online site.
Joe
TSolucio