Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New mass-edit: is there a record limit?
Just did a test: I installed an untouched, fresh corebos installation (version today 18-7-2018),

mySQL version:
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.22, for Linux (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper

PHP version:
PHP 7.0.30-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (cli) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright © 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.30-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, Copyright © 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies

Then I imported about 2200 products. I ONLY imported the productname and set the handler to the admin user. Then I selected all records and mass-edited a simple field (I think it was part no.). The mass-editor opened and gave no feedback. After a couple of minutes I checked the first product in another tab, nothing had changed. I also kept a tail -f of the apache error log file open, no fatal errors.It has been running for 4-5 minutes now, no feedback still and the products with the lowest ID's have not been altered yet. If you want I can send you the CSV file of the export.

UPDATE
It's been running for 22 minutes now. No change.

UPDATE 2
Just opened another tab and selected 200 products. Mass-edited them (set the website to somethingstupid), the editor began to run almost instantly and updated the records in a flash. I checked the JS console in both tabs (the other one is still waiting, nothing happened after 25 minutes). The only thing there is a warning about an insecure operation of the service worker. But that was there in the other tab (where the mass-edit worked) as well.

UPDATE 3
Think I'm getting at the number that it stalls. I've gone up to 500 records at a time. That all went very quickly (also tried 506). Then I tried 600, nothing happened. To be sure it's not the products, I sorted them the other way around and again selected the first 600. Again, nothing happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New mass-edit: is there a record limit? - Guido1982 - 07-18-2018, 06:20 PM