Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subject and attachment name on Gendoc generated e-mails
Photo 
(03-20-2021, 10:03 AM)joebordes Wrote: I don't know how you are testing in the demo as the workflow emails are not being sent from there nor is GenDoc installed, so you shouldn't be able to test these two things there

Give me some more information

here is the link:
https://demo.corebos.com/index.php?module=Contacts&parenttab=ptab&action=DetailView&record=43721

I setup GV glb-0000019 with the value Name

Gendoc seems installed, just not prepared for pdfs. I created a contact(gendoc was already activated on contacts, I activated it also on quotes and duplicated the contact template i found there, setting it to be applied on quotes. It doesn't matter if it generates a good file, i'm just checking to see what it wants to attach before sending).
I also created a message template(nr. 43723), i tested it with contacts and some field from there, I could set the e-mail subject. Later I modified it for quotes and tried with subject.
It did not work, you can check it out. the variable is not parsed i just get '$subject' string.

I do not need to actually send the mail, i'm just looking at what it composed when I click 'E-mail Document' from gendoc's widget. I should see the template being aplied there if I select it. I mean it works for Contacts. The generated document that is already attached is always module_name+crmid no matter of the module and that GV. The name of the attached document does not change for neither contacts or quotes

Did I do it wrong?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Subject and attachment name on Gendoc generated e-mails - radu - 03-20-2021, 10:31 AM