Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh install on Cpanel using Git Version control
(08-20-2022, 08:15 PM)joebordes Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 06:36 PM)TranscendentStudios Wrote: I will upgrade to 7.4 I hope it does not kill my websites or other installs.

if it does, leave it on 7.3, coreBOS should work ok with that too

(08-20-2022, 06:36 PM)TranscendentStudios Wrote: When you say accessable through the web server do I need to put the clone in the public html part of my site.
I thought your install page talked about them being separate.

I think I can just put the repository directly in the public html part of the site. and have as many of them synced as I like using the Git Versioin Control.

Correct, it has to be inside public_html, with the other websites and you can have as many directories/installs as you need (or your server can handle)

(08-20-2022, 06:36 PM)TranscendentStudios Wrote: In the future upgrading the Git should not hurt the install right?

correct. once you start with git, you have to "pull" and go to coreBOS updater, load and apply all, forever

Thanks again for your time and your reply Joe this answer so many questions and has saved me a lot of trouble

I'll do my best to figure the rest out hopefully my permissions works out well putting things in the right folder and whatnot using their automatic git

But again this save me from so much trouble thanks for your time

I'll let you know how it works out :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fresh install on Cpanel using Git Version control - TranscendentStudios - 08-20-2022, 09:10 PM