Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developing using cbUpdater
So far I've done some hacks that I need for a custom installation. Which is not the most preferred way of course. I want to get some better insight in how to do this while being able to keep up with the master branch development and still use cbupdater for my custom adjustments. Let me clarify by uding an example:

I've modified the calendar module because some specific needs were there, that the calendar module did not provide. For instance, I created an autocomplete that links calendar events to sales orders. This requires some database changes as well as some file changes. The database changes are quite straightforward I think:
  • Create an XML file in the 'modules/cbupdater/cbupdates' folder that describes the update and the path to the update file.
  • Create custom folder in the 'build' folder that holds the specific script (the XML file should point here).
  • Following both steps would allow me to alter the database. But would it also allow me to alter files? Or maybe, rename an original file and replace it with one that being pulled in through an update server?

The problem with altering files apart from the master branch is that you cannot just update from the coreBOS master branch anymore. It will force you to fork the master branch. Then, you can merge the main upstream from coreBOS, and merge commits from your synced master branch into the altered branch (can you even do that)?

Messages In This Thread
Developing using cbUpdater - Guido1982 - 07-03-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: Developing using cbUpdater - joebordes - 07-03-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: Developing using cbUpdater - Guido1982 - 07-04-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: Developing using cbUpdater - joebordes - 07-04-2016, 08:39 AM
RE: Developing using cbUpdater - Guido1982 - 07-04-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Developing using cbUpdater - joebordes - 07-04-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: Developing using cbUpdater - Guido1982 - 07-04-2016, 04:12 PM