Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Git Pull Error - commit your changes or stash them before you can merge
I'm getting a strange error when I attempt to perform a git pull to get the latest changes to CoreBOS.

Code:
]# git pull

Updating 1afe78b..efc210f
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
        log4php.properties
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

What it is trying to tell me?
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Hi.

It's inform you that you have modify the file log4php.properties and seems that this update want to update this file too, so you have to do a git checkout log4php.properties first and after execute again git pull command.
(07-02-2018, 08:34 AM)omarllorens Wrote: Hi.

It's inform you that you have modify the file log4php.properties and seems that this update want to update this file too, so you have to do a git checkout log4php.properties first and after execute again git pull command.

thank you... that did the trick. I couldn't remember any time that I had modified that file, so I wasn't sure exactly what my next step was supposed to be. It had suggested performing a git stash, but when I did that and then issued git pull I got a brand new install that came down. I had to restore from backup. That one had me scratching my head a little.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]