Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update problem with financial fields
the invoice-contact relation is special, it has been there forever and is non-standard, so until we make that field standard there is no way of having both relations show in the related list.
Joe
TSolucio
Are you saying I should better not have a secondary contact assigned to an invoice?

I don't need both to show up, but the invoice-contact relation to the contact I am viewing. But strangely enough the SQL statement is looking for the records of the contact assigned by the custom field.
There is a special get_invoices method that searches on the non-standard contactid field. You probably deleted that related list when you added your new contact field which is based on another method (get_dependents_field). So our related list, based on get_dependents_list only searches for uitype 10 fields and does not see the non-standard contactid.

So either you convert contactid to uitype10, recover the get_invoices method on another related list, or modify get_dependents_list to search also on contactid.

We are currently in the process of converting all non-standard fields to standard ones (uitype10), but it will be a while still

HTH

BTW, I doubt this has anything to do with the financial field update not working (but I may be wrong)
Joe
TSolucio