Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My 2 cents from being a user in stead of a developer
Yeah tooltips crossed my mind as well and they do a better job at a sneak-peak, but still you need some mouse-action and can't 'peak' into multiple records at once. I would opt for the LDS panel but still open it in a real browser window. I'd rather use the LDS UI without the OS-window wrapped around that but I do strongly feel that a multi-screen support is crucial, so that kind of forces us in that direction. The panel's closing X could still function to close the window though.

In my proposed solution where would be no interaction other that to close the window and some responsive design (so that you can organize the data in the size that suits your needs), but responsive is baked into LDS so that's kind of a given. The only other functionality would be to quick-copy field contents I think. Or maybe a drag-n-drop, but I don't know how that behaves across multiple windows. I imagine some kind of 'I want to drag the info in this field to the input on my main record' kind of way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My 2 cents from being a user in stead of a developer - Guido1982 - 10-15-2018, 06:28 PM