Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
listview special search
My users explain a situation about when need search a phone number, into a contacts, or leads, for example

Today coreBOS allows phone number is input in more than one field, like a phone, other phone, alternative phone, mobile phone, and custom fields type "phone"

Problem is, when user need search, also need input all fields phone type, manually

I suggest created a special tag,as allows user search the phone number in all fields without need specify one by one

and a second suggestion, fix the default value in picklist to "equal", because today, system put in default "none"  (?)

see attached image

Attached Files Image(s)

Ranieri
eCRM Web
the "all phone fields" is an interesting idea. I had a look at the code and it is a bit more complex than it seems, but it can be done. I have added it to our endless list of things to do with a low priority.

While I was looking I found it easy to add the functionality in the global search. I don't know if you know that the global search currently supports the special tags:: prefix, if you launch a global search with the string "tags::cold" it will search for all records with this tag in the selected modules. I added the possibility to search for any field type, so you can now to:

"phone::9999"
"number::22"
"picklist:: string"

HTH

I also set the default operation to "equals" and applied LDS formatting to the global search results.
Joe
TSolucio
I will try that

But, i remember when coreBOS is integrated a pbx, existis this functionality ( or likely ) coded in system, because, in past systems did that way

I means, when call did received, system search all fields "type" phone to open a pop up with a caller data

Now, you changed that, for use a global variable for specify a list of variables

Perhaps is possible used that coded
Ranieri
eCRM Web
it is not a problem of finding te phone fields, that is easy, it is about changing the filtering system to have "virtual" fields that expand to those fields. The way I understand it, we have to add in the field picklist a special field named "Phone Fields" and modify the filtering system to "understand" that virtual field and expand it into a valid SQL with all the fields
Joe
TSolucio
"..."
I also set the default operation to "equals" and applied LDS formatting to the global search results.

"..."

works in advanced tab when editing/creating a filter. But in advanced search, not yet. But help a lot, thanks!

Strange, my global search not working anymore ...
in console there this error
( i don't know if this is the problem ...)
I send you thru email, because a sensitive data
Ranieri
eCRM Web
it works in advanced search also, that is where I tested it
Joe
TSolucio
I just launched a search and it seemed to work. make sure you have updated the service worker
Joe
TSolucio
(02-18-2020, 05:30 PM)joebordes Wrote: it works in advanced search also, that is where I tested it

yes, works thanks!

(02-18-2020, 05:31 PM)joebordes Wrote: I just launched a search and it seemed to work. make sure you have updated the service worker

update my install, with git pull

Is necessary any other step?
Ranieri
eCRM Web
(02-16-2020, 02:02 PM)joebordes Wrote: the "all phone fields" is an interesting idea. I had a look at the code and it is a bit more complex than it seems, but it can be done. I have added it to our endless list of things to do with a low priority.

While I was looking I found it easy to add the functionality in the global search. I don't know if you know that the global search currently supports the special tags:: prefix, if you launch a global search with the string "tags::cold" it will search for all records with this tag in the selected modules. I added the possibility to search for any field type, so you can now to:

"phone::9999"
"number::22"
"picklist:: string"

HTH

Sorry, I don't know I undertood correctly

you say put this expression in global search in top of screen? ( like as attached )

Not working for me ..

Is necessary set each module I want to search? or another special setting?

Attached Files Image(s)

Ranieri
eCRM Web
that is all you need.

Joe
TSolucio