Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attachment/image related functions
I'm working on a module that saves and retrieves images through the UItype 69 field. What functions do we have available in the backend for working with images? I don't want to repeat work that's already been done.
Found this already: https://corebos.com/documentation/doku.php?id=en:devel:updateimagefield
Hello there

If you're working with the UItype 69 field, which is related to images, there are several functions in the backend that you might find helpful. Here's a brief overview of them:

Upload Function: There's usually a built-in function to handle the uploading of images. This typically validates the image type, size, and other specifications before saving it to the server or database.

Retrieve Function: This function fetches the image data from its storage location and prepares it to be displayed on the frontend. It might also handle various versions of the image (like thumbnails, medium, and large versions).

Delete Function: As the name suggests, this function will delete an image from the server or database when it's no longer needed.

Update Function: If you need to replace or update an existing image, this function comes in handy. It usually involves the removal of the old image and the uploading of a new one.

Resizing and Cropping: Some backends provide functions that allow for the resizing or cropping of images, ensuring they fit specific dimensions or aspect ratios.

Compression: For web performance, it's essential to keep image sizes as small as possible. A function that compresses images without significant quality loss is quite valuable.

Metadata Extraction: Some backend systems offer functions to extract metadata from images, like the date taken, camera model, GPS data, etc.

Image Transformation: Depending on the backend system, there might be functions that apply transformations to the images, such as rotations, colour adjustments, or applying filters.

Image Storage Handling: Some functions might determine where an image is stored (e.g., local server, cloud storage) and handle the necessary protocols or API calls to interact with those storage locations.

Caching: For efficient retrieval, some backends have caching mechanisms in place for images. This ensures that frequently accessed images are served quickly to the user without overloading the server or database.

Before diving into creating your own functions, I'd recommend going through the documentation or existing codebase related to the UItype 69 field. This will ensure you don't duplicate efforts and can leverage the work that's already been done. Additionally, always consider best practices related to security, efficiency, and scalability when working with images in the backend.
I did this when i was working on the dermapen treatment