Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Latest Version (error)
Hi All,

I had a look at the latest version this morning and Wow! Yeah... I've been under a rock for a while. At any rate, I got the latest version from Github, cracked open the zip and transferred everything to the web server. Went through the install till it finished.

Details of the install
  1. Created a copy of my current database
  2. during the install I put the db copy's name in for the database to be used
  3. set all the perms to 775 just to make sure things were open enough for testing.
  4. MySQL version: 5.0.95. I know... the requirements say MySQL 5.1, but wanted to try to see if it would work.

Getting this error in the web browser when I try to access the site:
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: outputfilter "trimwhitespace" not found or callable <-- thrown in /var/www/html/apps/cbostest/Smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_method_loadfilter.php on line 61

I'm wondering if the error is the result of the version of MySQL or perhaps incorrect permissions.

Thanks,
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
The error is not MySQL related
Joe
TSolucio
I'm glad you like what you see :-)
Joe
TSolucio
the error message is saying that it can't find the trimwhitespace filter which is in this file:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/blob/master/Smarty/libs/plugins/outputfilter.trimwhitespace.php

I just did some tests and I see no reason why that should be happening to you.

What PHP version are you running?
Joe
TSolucio
(02-11-2017, 04:42 PM)joebordes Wrote: the error message is saying that it can't find the trimwhitespace filter which is in this file:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/blob/master/Smarty/libs/plugins/outputfilter.trimwhitespace.php

I just did some tests and I see no reason why that should be happening to you.

What PHP version are you running?

PHP version is 5.3.3. If I remember correctly that falls within the requirements, yes?
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
I had another thought: If I can get this running on my current system I'm like going to want to use it and replace my current CoreBOS system (5.5.0) There are two modules that I purchased some years back; TimeControl and TimeControlInvoice. Do I purchase those again or will the ones I have work with version 7 of CoreBOS. I don't mind purchasing them again... was just wondering.
Mark

you can an updated version of Timecontrol on github:

https://github.com/tsolucio/Timecontrol

I'll send you TimecontrolInvoicing as soon as I have a chance
Joe
TSolucio
(02-11-2017, 10:33 PM)joebordes Wrote: you can an updated version of Timecontrol on github:

awesome... thank you Joe. Just because I was curious I ran another install of 7.0 but this time I allowed it to create a new database and I got the same error. I'm wondering if perhaps its the version of PHP that is running on the server at the moment. I think after I get done working on my current batch of trouble-tickets in the queue I'll have to start setting up a new LAMP server. I have to do it anyway to get MySQL up to date and now I've got something else to motivate me to get it done. I really do like the look of the latest version. Well done!
Mark

(02-11-2017, 10:41 PM)mweaver Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 10:33 PM)joebordes Wrote: you can an updated version of Timecontrol on github:

awesome... thank you Joe. Just because I was curious I ran another install of 7.0 but this time I allowed it to create a new database and I got the same error. I'm wondering if perhaps its the version of PHP that is running on the server at the moment. I think after I get done working on my current batch of trouble-tickets in the queue I'll have to start setting up a new LAMP server. I have to do it anyway to get MySQL up to date and now I've got something else to motivate me to get it done. I really do like the look of the latest version. Well done!

Joe,

I noticed something odd this morning. While I was waiting for another task I was working on the complete, I downloaded a fresh copy from GitHub and unzipped it on my LAMP server, then started the initial setup. My intention was to allow it to create a new database and hopefully complete the install and run. However, while going through the first few steps - the part where you have to set directory permissions - I set the perms and hit Check Again and there was still one directory being displayed that still needed it's perms set. (modules/Emails/templates). The problem is that directory didn't exist. Either on my server from a fresh download of the code, or inside the zip file from GitHub.

I created an empty directory named templates on the path specified, but ran out of time to finish the install. 

Was this directory removed, or is it missing?
Mark

Still getting that Smarty error. It's got me scratching my head. Would it help to post my php.ini file, or is there a certain portion that you'd need to see?
Mark