Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between git Pull and git Merge?
To many changes there. I am missing something. Please explain the steps you take to migrate. The procedure is like this:

http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:upgradevt2cb

- make a copy (dump) of your database
- git clone
- copy storage, test, user_privilges, config.inc.php
- edit config.inc: change database access and root_directory
- login, go to coreBOS updater, load and apply all

that should be it

contact me and give me access to your server, I will hand hold you through the process and teach you what you need to know
once it is setup it is really easy to keep up to date
Joe
TSolucio
(03-05-2017, 11:13 AM)joebordes Wrote: To many changes there. I am missing something. Please explain the steps you take to migrate. The procedure is like this:

http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:upgradevt2cb

- make a copy (dump) of your database
- git clone

that should be it

contact me and give me access to your server, I will hand hold you through the process and teach you what you need to know
once it is setup it is really easy to keep up to date

It's still early on this side of the pond. For some reason the dump I just created with MySQL Administrator (told it to leave out comments and checked the stuff at the top for the desired magic) didn't spit out an error when I copied it back into the new database for CoreBOS7. 

The backup from last night of the production web server - the one this board runs on - is rather large and will take a little time to copy over to Merlin so I can copy the folders mentioned above to CB7. As soon as this is all done I'll either post back and/or contact you.

Time for more coffee... 
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Close but no cigar... yet. 

The procedure I've been using is pretty close to what you've described although in the past I have forgotten about copying those folders you've mentioned a few times...

So, I'm going to make a copy of the database I've got for CB7, and setup for a new install to be migrated. I'll also email you. After I completed the steps you outlined I logged in as admin, but the pages are blank. Blasted DB of mine... 
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Now that I've had a little more coffee and re-read the information I realized there was a step I was missing which cause things to get messed up. I'm setting up for a another pass at it and will be following these steps:

- make a copy (dump) of your database (already exists on the DB server)

- git clone https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos
- copy build/HelperScripts/installupdater.php to the root of your install and execute it
- http://my_server/apps/cbtest/installupdater.php

Even though I've screwed up about 10 passes at this in the last week and experienced a years worth of frustration - due to my being in a hurry and missing things - I am leaning a lot and re-learning things I'd forgotten. Thank you Joe for your seemingly inexhaustible supply of patience.

almost there... Big Grin
Mark

(03-05-2017, 01:48 PM)mweaver Wrote: Now that I've had a little more coffee and re-read the information I realized there was a step I was missing which cause things to get messed up. I'm setting up for a another pass at it and will be following these steps:

- make a copy (dump) of your database (already exists on the DB server)

- git clone https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos
- copy build/HelperScripts/installupdater.php to the root of your install and execute it
- http://my_server/apps/cbtest/installupdater.php

Even though I've screwed up about 10 passes at this in the last week and experienced a years worth of frustration - due to my being in a hurry and missing things - I am leaning a lot and re-learning things I'd forgotten. Thank you Joe for your seemingly inexhaustible supply of patience.

almost there... Big Grin

Followed the steps above and when I go to the address to run installupdater.php I'm getting this error:
[Image: CB7MigrationInstallUpdaterError.png]

It puts me in mind of a permissions error but not sure where.
Migration Error on Test site
Mark

On a whim I created an empty database, populated the database with a dump I'd taken this morning, pointed CB7 clone at it and from a browser ran installupdater.php. 

This time instead of an error I saw on the screen: Creating Module cbupdater ... STARTED

Don't know what it means but its doing something I think and it's ain't displaying an error... progress perhaps.
Mark

That screen was false hope. It sat there for quite a while before I attempted to log in and got a 500 error. I was tailing the error log for apache, but nothing showed up there either. It's still a mystery. I have a fair idea what the installupdater.php is supposed to do, but for whatever reason it wasn't able to do it.
Mark