Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail Scanner
I try capture all user emails

I create one rule for each user email, but nothing to do.

I think is necessary create two rules, one for to and another for from, right?

I am do wrong?

See image of rule

Attached Files Image(s)

Ranieri
eCRM Web
I would think the To field would be a given since - at least in most instances - all messages in your inbox the To field would always be the same. There something about this in the Documentation section of Mail Scanner. I believe the field you'd want to filter on would be the From field.

The docs deal mostly with capturing messages (replies) to tickets, but it seems the principle is the same. The important bit to look at here is the Report Criteria area.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
I was thinking, system only look for email. If email is present in Contact, system will be copy this message to this contact.

My ideia is:

Any email, client send message to my user ( this client already a contact ) - system should copy into this contact

Any email a my user to a contact ( message should be copied, into this contact ), the same way.

I need, all messages, to/from my users and my contacts, copied and storage, with a history, into CRM.
Ranieri
eCRM Web
I've been thinking along similar lines and in fact, a lot of what you're saying is laid out in the documentation for mail scanner. I haven't yet been able to test it because I haven't been able to get the current version (7) of CoreBOS to connect to my Exchange server via IMAP. It's being a stinker.

However, when I "attach" messages to CoreBOS I usually do so at the Organization level rather than the contact level; that's just my preference though. I definitely understand what you're saying. And now you've got me really curious so I'm going to have to start testing this.

"Any Message To a contact": this would be redundant "if" you're using the webmail module in CoreBOS. Mail to a client (contact) should be attached to the contact during the sending process as I understand it so there shouldn't be any need to scan a "sent" folder, locate and attach it to the contact. Additionally, you can go to the contact record and send a message which definitely attaches that sent message to the contact record. So, if all that holds true we're back at scanning for, and attaching incoming messages filtering on the From field and then giving direction as to what is to be done with it.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Yes, account or organisation will be better than contacts, but I think not working, because system don't find email of sender ...

This email is written in contact, isn't?
Ranieri
eCRM Web
Yes, to my understanding, and they way I do it. When I create an Organization I always also create a contact record for my main contact at that Organization. That contact's email address is the email address on the Org's record. Below is an excerpt from the CoreBOS Documentation::Mail Scanner section:
Quote:Rule criteria

Rule criteria are evaluated as follows:
From
Check for the input occurrence in the FROM field of the email
To
Check for the input occurrence in the TO field of the email
Subject
Compare the input with SUBJECT of email using one of the condition selected (Contains, Not Contains, Equals, Not Equals, Begins With, Not Begins With, Regex)
Body
Compare the input with BODY of email using one of the condition selected (Contains, Not Contains, Equals, Not Equals, Begins With, Not Begins With)
Match
All Condition – All the input conditions should evaluate as true to take Action

Any Condition – At least one condition should evaluate as true to take Action
Once a successful matching on an email occurs, the action will be applied on it as follows:
Create Ticket
Creates a new trouble ticket record with the following:
Title = SUBJECT of email
Description = BODY of email
Attachments of email will be linked to the trouble ticket record

Lookup is made for existing Contact/Account based on FROM field of email and ticket is associated to matching record (if found)
Update Ticket
Updates existing trouble ticket record with the following:
Comment = BODY of email

Lookup is made on existing trouble ticket based on FROM field of email and title or CRMID match. Preferable to select Regex as Subject and paste the following code in the text area
Ticket Id[^:]?: ([0-9]+)
Add to Contact[FROM]
Lookup is made for existing Contact based on FROM field of email. On success a new email record is created and is associated to matching record.
Add to Contact[TO]
Lookup is made for existing Contact based on TO field of email. On success a new email record is created and is associated to matching record.
Add to Account[FROM]
Lookup is made for existing Account based on FROM field of email. On success a new email record is created and is associated to matching record.
Add to Account[TO]
Lookup is made for existing Account based on TO field of email. On success a new email record is created and is associated to matching record.
The way I scan the mailbox to create new tickets is I look for something specific in the subject field: Service: If the scanner sees a message where the subject fields begins with Service: then it takes the subject field and message body and creates a new ticket, assigns it to me - that happens by default because I'm the only user in the system besides the admin - and even though I'm not telling it to, it would appear that Mail Scanner is also looking at the From field as well because if there is a contact record existing that matches up with the sender, then the ticket's related to field gets assigned to the contact.

Now, the way the above excerpt from the documentation reads, we can add more rules to the scanner so that it then also captures replies to the ticket notifications as long as when sent, the reply-to field gets replies back to the mailbox that mail scanner is monitoring. This is where I really started to appreciated the Global Variable module in C7. I've figured out how to use it. Thank you JOE!  To make sure replies to support ticket notifications get sent to the same mailbox mail scanner is monitoring I set the global variable HelpDesk_Support_Reply_EMail to be helpdesk@myciss.com which is the address my client and I can send emails to in order to create a support ticket in the system. By setting that Global Variable as I did, if and when they reply to a ticket update notification, as they often do, once I get the settings input, tested and corrected if necessary, the system should capture their reply (email message body), place it into the comments section of the support ticket and the ticket gets updated.

The rub here is, when I add a comment to a ticket I notice in the update notification that goes out, that the added comment goes to the bottom of the outgoing message. That follows Linux mailing list etiquette, but my feeling is that this is confusing to a normal user. My personal belief on this matter is that the newest information added to a ticket (comments) should appear at the top of the message with the date and time the comment was added. Either way, if client/consultant back and forth is captured in this way and the ticket is successfully updated each time, let time is spent updating the ticket and more time spent working on the issue. For me anyway...

I'm setting it up for testing as I write this post. I thought it worth adding that for my testing conditions of the rule I've set:
From and To fields are empty. I'm testing on the Subject field only at the moment.
Subject contains: Re: TT[0-9]+ \[ Ticket Id : [0-9]+ \] (.+) <-- the regex from the documentation
Body contains: I don't have anything set here because I want to see its behavior when there's nothing defined for contains. 
Match: Any Condtion
Mark

I was just re-reading the documentation and saw a not that bothers me.

Quote:Rule Priority
One or more rules for the mailbox which are applied in sequence while Scanning. You can change the order (Priority) by clicking the arrow marks.
If the email matches the conditions defined for a given rule, the remaining rules are not applied.
That seems wrong... If I'm successfully capturing a reply to ticket notification and its updating the comments section of the ticket, then it stops there and doesn't get to the next rule. Which in this case I've setup a rule to capture the message and place an email record for the Organization. Why would it stop evaluating the rules like this?
Mark

It's starting to look like you would have to create multiple Mail Converters:
  • one to create a new ticket based on something specific in the subject header
  • one to check the subject field for the regex to update the ticket
  • one to add an email records with the incoming email message to the Organization
  • and likely one that monitors the sent folder to add the outgoing message to the as an email records for the related organization.
My head is starting to hurt.
Mark

=> Comments: you have full control over the outgoing email and the order of comments:
http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:helpdesk:notificationemails
http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:email_workflows#comments

=> The rule comment you copy above applies to each individual converter, so you are correct, you have to add more converters if you need them although I thing the email is attached both to the ticket and the contact in their emails related list when working on the ticket.
Joe
TSolucio
I'm almost afraid to ask... Do each of the scanners need a corresponding workflow to function? Because at the moment the only scanner actually functioning since they were defined - even though they're enabled - is the one that creates new tickets. I'm not yet completely certain, but webmail module and Mail Manager can see the imap mailbox, but they're completely unsuccessful at opening any messages that exist there. 

Logically, if the scanners that need to update a ticket comments with something in the reply, that would mean that it would have to actually open and read the contents of that message. If the webmail module is unable to do that - it sits and churns when I choose a folder to view the contents of - then I don't think the scanner will work either.

Update:
Wait, that logic doesn't work because the incoming messages to helpdesk are getting opened and read. I know this because the content of the message body end up in the new ticket's description.
Mark