Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail Scanner
Just one vtigercron script call will do to launch all configured converters. You must notice though that if the first one reads the email and marks it as read, the others may not see it.
Joe
TSolucio
Indeed. I was thinking about that while I was making the scanner. A lot of this would be moot if I can understand why the webmail module can't open my imap folders. 

Anyway, the scanner(s) can. Three of the four look at the helpdek inbox. They're stacked up like this:
  • TroubleTickets <== Scans helpdesk user IMAP inbox for new messages (looks for Service: in the subject). Not supposed to mark the message as read.
    UpdateTroubleTicketComments <== Look for All messages since last scan test the subject line for Ticket ID using regex from documentation. Add message body to comments of ticket. Condition for testing body: Does Not Equal: left this entry blank because it shouldn't be blank. There should always be something in the message body. 
    AddMessageToOrganization <== Look for All messages since last scan again testing subject line with Regex looking for Ticket ID. Is supposed to add an email record to the corresponding Organization.  After scan: mark message read.

There's a fourth that's supposed to dig around through the sent folder, retrieve the message again testing subject line for ticket id, but I don't have it completely defined yet.

second and third aren't working because the first one keeps marking the blasted thing as read.

Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
What process are you using to capture replies to ticket notifications? I'm definitely not doing it correctly.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
See if this video helps:

https://youtu.be/OjmMPHbxYHw
Joe
TSolucio
(01-09-2018, 03:59 PM)joebordes Wrote: See if this video helps:

https://youtu.be/OjmMPHbxYHw

Thank you Joe... It's finally capture...
Mark

Ok... It was capturing... when I was testing it. but it's stopped now. Just makes me roll my eyes and wonder why it stopped. That was a very helpful video by the way. Helped put some perspective on the use of the regex that I was missing.
Mark

Made a few adjustments and it's doing a little better. Now I'm wondering if there's a way to set the mail scanner to run ever two minutes rather than every 15 minutes. I know, from testing, that if there are numerous email replies for the same ticket that they get added, but while testing  15 minutes is a long time to wait.
Mark

what I do when I run into this is change the frequency directly in the database table:

vtiger_cron_task.frequency

60 is usually a good value for testing
Joe
TSolucio
(01-11-2018, 06:47 PM)joebordes Wrote: what I do when I run into this is change the frequency directly in the database table:

vtiger_cron_task.frequency

60 is usually a good value for testing

Awesome. thank you... that'll make sorting things out much easier.
Mark