Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking for a week number in a workflow expression
I think you can make it displaytype 4, those are read-only but updatable from workflows and then hide it from the profile of the user. Try that

Answering your previous question: "Would this also work in reports by the way?" No, we still don't have calculated values in reports but you could follow the same pattern I propose above and create a custom field to hold the calculation to report on.
Joe
TSolucio
Thanks, will try that.

About the reports, I don't think I could use the 'format_date' function in a condition? Not sure What you meant by 'follow the same pattern I propose above', since the above pattern does rely on using a function to get the current week no. My question is more about: can we use those functions (not comparison functions, but functions that evaluate to the current week no.) in reports?

I can't update a UI type 4 field from a workflow, so changed it to UI type 1, then I'll just lock it for all profiles (read-only)

Hm, that doesn't work either, since the comparator won't let me select 'less than', it only does so on currency fields. I want to get the SO's with a week no. that is lower than the current week no., so really need to get this comparator. I think it's off to a custom cron job..
Are you sure displaytype 4 isn't working? We created it just for that and it is currently in use (besides some clients) in the forecast amount in the application.

Making it read-only in the profiles will not work because the workflows won't update a read-only field that is why we create displaytype 4

AFAIK the "less than" operator will work on any numeric field. I just checked on my development install and it is there. How did you create the week number?
Joe
TSolucio
I'm pretty sure, but again, this is a pretty old install. As we speak I'm in the process of updatin it, but this will take some time since I have to walk through all the hacks I made and replace them with new functionality that we have available now. I also need to write out a whole test procedure (for after the update) since this install is tied to all kinds of portals and a third-party accounting software suite.

However, I checked my own install, that is pretty recent, to check a workflow against the 'spent hours' field in timecontrol. That is a UI type 1 field, no 'smaller than' option. Are you talking about a specific UI type? What I'm trying to say is: how does the application decide which comparators should be available?
It depends on the type of the field. If it is numeric (integer, decimal, currency, percent) you will be able to compare with less and greater. If it is a text field those operators are not available.
Joe
TSolucio
So that's 7,9 and 71? Or does it check the column type in MySQL? I'm not sure if I have these types available yet. I'm writing upgrade notes and posting topics about this as we speak. I think I'll pickup this project after I've upgraded my installation.
yes, those uitypes look good but I'd say it uses the typeofdata column, the first character which holds the type of the field:

http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:devel:field_structure#typeofdata_for_fields_in_modules
Joe
TSolucio
Ah, wait, then I COULD get it to work. Damn, never knew about these typeofdata structures. Thanks!
Joe, another thing I just found out: I thought you were talking about UI type no. 4, but I just now realized you were talking about display type no. 4.
:-)

give displaytype 4 a try and let us know how it goes
Joe
TSolucio