Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems upgrading from vtiger 5.2.1
Hello,
I'm trying to upgrade from vtiger 5.2.1 to coreBOS and I'm having some problems. The database is about 10 GB.

When attempting this upgrade using the CoreBOS migration, the Database Changes apply and then the install stops. Here are the results:
FAILURE ALTER TABLE vtiger_field CHANGE COLUMN selected defaultvalue TEXT default ''
FAILURE UPDATE vtiger_field SET defaultvalue='' WHERE defaultvalue='0'
FAILURE UPDATE vtiger_field SET presence = 2 WHERE tabid= AND fieldname = 'ship_pobox'

When attempting to run these queries through the mysql commandline, I receive the following:
mysql> ALTER TABLE vtiger_field CHANGE COLUMN selected defaultvalue TEXT default '';
ERROR 1170 (42000): BLOB/TEXT column 'defaultvalue' used in key specification without a key length
mysql> UPDATE vtiger_field SET defaultvalue='' WHERE defaultvalue='0';
ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'defaultvalue' in 'where clause'
mysql> UPDATE vtiger_field SET presence = 2 WHERE tabid= AND fieldname = 'ship_pobox';
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND fieldname = 'ship_pobox'' at line 1

Now, when I attempt to login, I get the "Migration Incomplete" message and I have to go through the Migration again, which stops at the Database Changes place again.
However, if I run this query: update vtiger_version set current_version='5.5.0';
Then, I can login to the application.

BUT, when I login I can't see any of the modules except for ConfigEditor and WSAPP.
If I go to the MenuEditor URL directly, it still shows only those 2 modules.
I also tried going to the direct URL for the CoreBOS Updater, but the application says that cbupdate is not enabled, and since I don't see it in the Module Manager, I can't turn it on.

My best guess is that the migration stopped after receiving some FAILUREs and there was more to be done.
I have backups of everything, so I can always retry a new migration, but I don't know where to go from here.
Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
Problems upgrading from vtiger 5.2.1 - gorundown - 04-16-2016, 12:06 PM