Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHP tag in templates
Hello,

The issue I am experiencing is related with the cached templates not being updated when there is a modification done in login.tpl. I think this will apply to all templates and in fact from a broader perspective to php code interpretation in those templates. Let me elaborate:

The issue stems from the way php is now tagged in those templates. There probably was an update to COREbos code in this regard and that seems to be why my customisations are not working. Prior the update to COREbos I did last week, php code was tagged with the {php} tag and everything was working just fine. That tag is not working anymore and prevents the php code from being interpreted so I tried using <?php and ?> but when I do that I get some sort of duplicate tagging in the cached template file such as for example this: 

Code:
&copy; 2004- <?php echo '<?php ';?>echo date('Y')<?php echo '?>';?>

for the record the code in the template file is:
Code:
&copy; 2004- <?php echo date('Y')?>

The php code is then output as text and of course not interpreted as php code. If I remove those duplicate tags  within the cached file then everything works fine. Not a solution of course but it proves the code is functional.

I tried using the {} as well since that’s how you seem to be tagging php in the templates but I must be doing something wrong because using that tag doesn’t load my customisations, at least not the first part of the code with functions and such.

I also tried to put the customised code in a différent template file and then calling the code through include file= in the login.tpl template but that doesn’t seem to work either.

Messages In This Thread
PHP tag in templates - polanskiman - 01-31-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - omarllorens - 01-31-2017, 07:16 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - polanskiman - 01-31-2017, 07:34 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - omarllorens - 01-31-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - polanskiman - 01-31-2017, 08:05 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - omarllorens - 01-31-2017, 08:17 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - polanskiman - 01-31-2017, 08:22 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - omarllorens - 01-31-2017, 08:27 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - polanskiman - 01-31-2017, 08:55 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - joebordes - 01-31-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: PHP tag in templates - polanskiman - 02-01-2017, 02:51 AM