Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a user select for backup folders
Following up on our conversation about Business Maps. To do what you are proposing above you will have to modify the backup configuration screen to show a list of the directories that require copying (or at least the storage directory) with a checkbox so the user can select if they want to copy it or not, and another input box with the days to delete the old backups (at least). Then you need to modify the database to save those those values somewhere, or maybe write them directly into a file somewhere....

This is a big part of the time you are going to spend creating the change and this is where business mappings come to help. You create a new type, you create a class that parses the XML file and returns the values. The admin user just has to create the XML record to adapt the process to his needs. If you really have time to do the interface you can now enhance the Business mapping and create the XML in a GUI.

I could imagine something like this:

Code:
<map>
 <originmodule>
   <originname>Backup</originname>
 </originmodule>
<directories>
<directory>storage</directory>
<directory>user_privileges</directory>
<directory>test</directory>
</directories>
<cleanupafterdays>14</cleanupafterdays>
</map>

Note, I just invented the above off the top of my head so use with care :-)
Joe
TSolucio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a user select for backup folders - joebordes - 07-04-2016, 04:38 PM