Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea for a module: Scheduler
(07-06-2016, 09:12 PM)Guido1982 Wrote: In my quest to ... schedular (which is my neat name for it) for a resource planner (meaning: a user that manages resources of a company like rooms or in my case: people).

Great idea, great functionality and great name  Big Grin
I think it is a fantastic idea and very needed enhancement

(07-06-2016, 09:12 PM)Guido1982 Wrote: I know the calendar uses fullcalendar.js right now, but is it loaded on every page? Meaning, besides calendar pages? This may cause conflicts so we need a plan for this.

I added this to my todo list. Currently when you add a HEADERSCRIPT link (which is the case of C4You) it is loaded on all pages which is nice if you need to do some global application enhancement. There is no way of telling the system to load them only on certain modules or views unless you load them in your module's templates.
I will decide which is the best way to go and get back to you.

(07-06-2016, 09:12 PM)Guido1982 Wrote: [*]I'd like some advice on the best approach:
  • Start from a normal 'skeleton module' or:
  • Fork the calendar4you module.

If your extension will need normal module functionality, to save the resources or their schedule information (for example) then I would start with a normal module skeleton and add the "schedule view" functionality.

If you really don't need to save any information (which would be rare) then I would start from an empty extension directory.
Joe
TSolucio

Messages In This Thread
Idea for a module: Scheduler - Guido1982 - 07-06-2016, 09:12 PM
RE: Idea for a module: Scheduler - joebordes - 07-07-2016, 06:32 PM