Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Someone Give me Advice on Custom Module Creation and Integration with CoreBOS?
Hello there,

I am new to CoreBOS and have been exploring its functionalities for the past few weeks. I am impressed by the capabilities and flexibility it offers. Although, I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance from the experienced members here.

I am looking to create a custom module tailored to my organizations needs. While I have gone through the official documentation; I find myself a bit overwhelmed with the technical details. Could someone provide a simplified step by step guide or point me to a resource that explains the process in an easy t -understand manner?

The prerequisites for creating a custom module.
Best practices for defining fields and relationships.
How to ensure compatibility with future CoreBOS updates.

My organization uses several external applications. I am interested in integrating these applications with CoreBOS to streamline our workflow. What are the best practices for setting up these integrations? Are there any existing connectors or APIs that I should be aware of? Any examples or case studies would be incredibly helpful.

Also, I have gone through this post; https://discussions.corebos.org/thread-209.html which definitely helped me out a lot.

Lastly, I am curious about the best way to contribute to the CoreBOS community. Are there any ongoing projects or areas where new contributors can get involved? Also; I would love to know about any extensions or plugins developed by the community that might enhance the functionality of CoreBOS.

Thank you all in advance for your help and assistance.
Hi, welcome.

You can use he Module Builder to create your own custom modules. Use lowercase, non-special characters for field names. The rest should just work.

For integrations look in the include/integrations directory and Utilities section for many examples. As specifically as needed.

There are a lot of ways oc contributing, like any other open source project: reporting/fixing bugs, adding functionality, documentation, ...

keep asking
Joe
TSolucio