Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems after PHP Update
Sad 
Hallo everybody,

my web povider has updated the PHP Version from 5.X to 7.0/7.1/7.2.

When I use PHP 7.2 so I get the error message

"A PHP version from 5.3.x to 7.0.0 is required. Your current PHP version is 7.2.11-he.0 - Kindly adapt your PHP installation, and try again!".

After changing to PHP 7.0 I get the error message

"Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in /is/htdocs/wp10725802_AP6SP9SHMX/www/crm/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:480" Stack trace: #0 /is/htdocs/wp10725802_AP6SP9SHMX/www/crm/adodb/adodb.inc.php(748): ADODB_mysql->_pconnect('localhost:3306', 'mysqluser', 'mysqlpassword', 'mysqldatabase') #1 /is/htdocs/wp10725802_AP6SP9SHMX/www/crm/include/database/PearDatabase.php(890): ADOConnection->PConnect('localhost:3306', 'mysqluser', 'mysqlpassword', 'mysqldatabase') #2 /is/htdocs/wp10725802_AP6SP9SHMX/www/crm/include/database/PearDatabase.php(1121): PearDatabase->connect() #3 /is/htdocs/wp10725802_AP6SP9SHMX/www/crm/include/utils/utils.php(11): require_once('/is/htdocs/wp10...') #4 /is/htdocs/wp10725802_AP6SP9SHMX/www/crm/index.php(25): require_once('/is/htdocs/wp10...') #5 {main} thrown in /is/htdocs/wp10725802_AP6SP9SHMX/www/crm/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 480

Is there anybody who can help me to run my corebos installation normally? I can't change to another PHP-Version because its a installation running on a webservice provider called Hosteurope in Germany.

Greetings

mindkicker
Hi

In your config.inc.php look for this line:

$dbconfig['db_type'] = 'mysqli';

and make sure it is mysqlI, php 7 has deprecated mysql so on that version you can only use mysqli

that should fix the error above

coreBOS works correctly on PHP 7.x, in fact even on 7.2, we do not support that version because some of our third-party dependencies haven't updated yet, so if you don't use those you can even work with PHP7,2

Let us know how it goes.
Joe
TSolucio
BTW, you should update your install when you get a chance.
Joe
TSolucio
Bingo! It works again. And that should have been only on a single "i"? Crazy... :-)

Have you any idea how can I update my installation? With the coreBOS Updater I never get any updates. Can I easy clone with git from https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos.git and upload these files to my webspace? Which files must be backupped to safe my installation?
Once you have done the "git clone" and then installed, you have to go into the directory and execute "git pull"

"pull" will bring in all the new code which may include some changesets that need to be executed with corebos updater. coreBOS updater cannot do code changes only database changes because there are just too many states in which your code can be

https://youtu.be/IiRWxyZmN5U
Joe
TSolucio
I need your help again. Now my provider has deactivated PHP 7.0 and i can only use PHP 7.2 and so i have the following error message again.

A PHP version from 5.4.x (5.6.x minimum recommended) to 7.2.0 is required. Your current PHP version is 7.2.11-he.0
Kindly adapt your PHP installation, and try again!
Ok, if you are running an up to date coreBOS and you do not need the google sync functionality you can just change the limits. coreBOS is currently PHP 7.3 compliant except for the Google Calendar and Google Contacts sync functionality because we haven't updated those libraries yet.

These are the changes you have to make:

Code:
diff --git a/index.php b/index.php

index d8c8c3252..8ae159d71 100644
--- a/index.php
+++ b/index.php
@@ -14,7 +14,7 @@
  * at <http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:devel:vpl11>
  *************************************************************************************************/

-if (version_compare(phpversion(), '5.4.0') < 0 || version_compare(phpversion(), '7.2.0') >= 0) {
+if (version_compare(phpversion(), '5.4.0') < 0 || version_compare(phpversion(), '7.4.0') >= 0) {
        header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');
        $serverPhpVersion = phpversion();
        require_once 'phpversionfail.php';
diff --git a/phpversionfail.php b/phpversionfail.php

index ce4362775..69d835507 100644
--- a/phpversionfail.php
+++ b/phpversionfail.php
@@ -38,7 +38,7 @@ include_once 'include/utils/utils.php';
        <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width=80% align=center>
        <tr>
                <td class="small" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align=center>
-                       A PHP version from 5.4.x (5.6.x minimum recommended) to 7.2.0 is required.
+                       A PHP version from 5.4.x (5.6.x minimum recommended) to 7.3.0 is required.
                        Your current PHP version is <?php echo (isset($serverPhpVersion) ? vtlib_purify($serverPhpVersion) : phpversion());?><br/>
                        Kindly adapt your PHP installation, and try again!<br/>
                </td>
diff --git a/ping.php b/ping.php
index 4759dd50b..6baa4235f 100644
--- a/ping.php
+++ b/ping.php
@@ -18,7 +18,7 @@
  *  Proud member of the coreBOS family!  http://corebos.org
  *************************************************************************************************/

-if (version_compare(phpversion(), '5.4.0') < 0 || version_compare(phpversion(), '7.2.0') >= 0) {
+if (version_compare(phpversion(), '5.4.0') < 0 || version_compare(phpversion(), '7.4.0') >= 0) {
        echo 'NOK: incorrect PHP version';
        die();
 }
Joe
TSolucio
I'm so happy... it works again.
:-)
Joe
TSolucio