Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDF maker outputs variable name when empty
Another example of my problem: check out the two attached images. One is the letterhead from an invoice that has a contact assigned to it. The second line shows the contact name as excepted. The second one is the letterhead of an invoice using the exact same template, but this invoice doesn't have a contact related to it. It's quite clear that PDF maker doesn't understand this anymore, and prints the variable names. I shall do some more testing to see if I can locate this.

If anyone has any idea how this can happen I'd be very happy to get some clues. This problem is holding me back to update the entire system at this point, I've got all other issues sorted out.

I've been looking around in the PDF maker files, as far as they aren't encrypted (I get it, it's commercial so they have to protect it, not a complaint).

I've noticed in PDFMaker.php there is a private method called "mpdf_processing":
Code:
private function mpdf_processing(&$mpdf, $templateid, $when) {
        $path = 'modules/PDFMaker/mpdf_processing/';
        switch ($when) {
            case "pre":
                $filename = 'preprocessing.php';
                $functionname = 'pdfmaker_mpdf_preprocessing';
                break;
            case "post":
                $filename = 'postprocessing.php';
                $functionname = 'pdfmaker_mpdf_postprocessing';
                break;
        }
        if (is_file($path . $filename) && is_readable($path . $filename)) {
            require_once($path . $filename);
            $functionname($mpdf, $templateid);
        }
    }

I thnk maybe somewhere in this processing there is an issue, but the weird thing is, I can't find the folder 'modules/PDFMaker/mpdf_processing/'. It doesn't exist in respect to the root.

Basically the 'generate PDF button' fires the 'CreatePDFFromTemplate' action, which is a file that does nothing but include 'checkGenerate.php'. That last file is totally encrypted, so I'm at a dead end.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: PDF maker outputs variable name when empty - Guido1982 - 11-09-2015, 04:18 PM