Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a new module: basic steps?
Just a sideway question now that I'm studying the PDF file from the vTiger team:

I see here on page 12 the following:

Code:
$moduleInstance->setEntityIdentifier($fieldInstance);

It doesn't really specify in what stage of the process you can (or should) do this, but if I understand correctly, you can either do this before you fire the initial
Code:
$moduleInstance->save();
, or reïnitiate the module instance after it already exists with:
Code:
$moduleInstance = new Vtiger_Module();
$moduleInstance->name = 'Payslip';
And add the EntityIdentifier later? Or will it not save the module without an entity identifier? And if you never specify one, will the column be create automatically?

I don't really understand this: two related modules on a single UI10 field?
Code:
$fieldInstance->setRelatedModules(Array('OtherModule1', 'OtherModule2'));
How will it know which records to load? Or will it just load all records from both modules?

Okay, I've been looking at the URL's for some existing module by just browsing through the system. Correct me if I'm wrong:
  • module parameter: tells the system which folder in the file system to look for.
  • action parameter: tells the system which PHP file in the system to use for handling.

Clicking on the name of the module (the ParentTab or just Tab?) will automatically invoke the index.php file inside the indicated module folder, which for instance in the case of assets invokes the list view.

The record parameter is used inside the detaliview.php to indicate which record should be loaded. Every php handler file ends up in displaying a Smarty template that handles the actual rendering of the view.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a new module: basic steps? - Guido1982 - 12-01-2015, 11:53 AM