Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea for a module: Scheduler
In my quest to get the installation I maintain under GIT control I've found something on the fullcalendar website. One of the reasons I can't just upgrade the install is I made some hacks into the calendar module. I've always wished the calendar was more resource-based (which is part of what the hacks are for) and it seems the author of fullcalendar has made just that: Scheduler. The best thing is: it's free under the GPL license, as long as it's used in an open-source project, which is what we are. So I'd like to start developing a second module for events based on this. Theoretically, it can co-exist with the calendar, where calendar would be used for an individual calendar, and schedular (which is my neat name for it) for a resource planner (meaning: a user that manages resources of a company like rooms or in my case: people).

There are two reasons I'm posting this thread:
  • I know the calendar uses fullcalendar.js right now, but is it loaded on every page? Meaning, besides calendar pages? This may cause conflicts so we need a plan for this.
  • I'd like some advice on the best approach:
    • Start from a normal 'skeleton module' or:
    • Fork the calendar4you module.
  • Just to seem cool (OK three reasons).

So please, let me know any thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
Idea for a module: Scheduler - Guido1982 - 07-06-2016, 09:12 PM