Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too many failed password attempts - How to unblock account?
Something went haywire today and my saved password wouldn't work. I tried to many times and now it says I'm locked out and to contact the admin to unblock the account. Problem is, I'm the admin. :/ How do I unblock it if I can't log in at all? HELP??!!
You can change this directly in database.. table vtiger users
Ranieri
eCRM Web
(05-02-2019, 03:49 PM)rslemer Wrote: You can change this directly in database.. table vtiger users

I've been trying. It's not accepting the password I reset it to in phpmyadmin.

I have a couple other users created too, although they haven't logged on in ages. I can even log on using their username/passwords that I've confirmed in vtiger_users table. It just says "You must specify a valid username and password." every time. I can't log in as anybody!

I'm trying everything. Is there something I'm missing here??? Why won't it let me log in as any user, even though I've changed the password in mysql?
(05-02-2019, 03:49 PM)rslemer Wrote: You can change this directly in database.. table vtiger users

Any idea what I can do next?
For reset --> http://corebos.com/documentation/doku.php?id=en:adminmanual:faq#how_can_i_reset_the_admin_user

and reset a counter for error password too...
Ranieri
eCRM Web
(05-02-2019, 08:21 PM)rslemer Wrote: For reset --> http://corebos.com/documentation/doku.php?id=en:adminmanual:faq#how_can_i_reset_the_admin_user

and reset a counter for error password too...

I did that and reset the counter for error password to 0 and it's still not letting me log in. Says "You must specify a valid username and password. " Once I hit 6 failed attempts, it says I've been blocked and to contact the administrator to unblock account. When I set it back to 0 failed attempts, then it's back to "You must specify a valid username and password." again.
I'd say it is a database issue, but, sincerely I don't remember having seen anything like that
check the apache error logs, activate corebos debug log and also see if there is some error in mysql log

look for me on gitter or hangouts, I will try to throw some more ideas around

you can contact comercial@tsolucio.com for professional support, they will have someone connect to your server and find out what is going on
Joe
TSolucio
what your php version?
Ranieri
eCRM Web