Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some problems with (scheduled) reports
wow, a lot of questions!
  • check out the latest changes about picklist search, it should be fixed.
  • As for the 'executing user', what context is that?  =>  getActiveAdminUser
  • When is the 'execution'? When the report is generated to send as an e-mail attachment?  =>  Correct, it is generated at the indicated time, when the cron launches
  • Who will that user be?  =>  getActiveAdminUser
  • And will that user's language be used?  =>  Yes, the report should use that user's language
  • As I said, basically all our users have Dutch as their language, but still the values the scheduled report filters on are the original English ones.  =>  The system used to try to translate the values back to their internal values, it tries to work it out but gets a lot of false positives. With Lorida's change, this should work a lot better if not totally correct
  • I just issued a php -r "echo date('Y-m-d H : i : s');" from the command line, that gave me a time one hour earlier than it actually is. But since this is a standard date command from php, I don't see how the $default_timezone could have an effect on that.  =>  In config.inc.php we launch date_default_timezone_set   that command effectively changes the timezone for the whole lifetime of the execution, in other words, every execution of coreBOS runs in the $default_timezone
  • dates and times are a REALLY complex issue, there is a lot of literature about it and the procedures to follow are well defined, but there are steps that need to be taken in the proper order to get it working
Joe
TSolucio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some problems with (scheduled) reports - joebordes - 08-22-2018, 08:26 PM