Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the use of roles and profiles when we can only select one role per user?
(12-09-2018, 02:12 PM)Guido1982 Wrote: Sometimes you want a specific user in a role to have a little bit more control than other users in that role, or you can have users that perform multiple roles in an organization. Right now, I can't really set them apart. If person A and B belong to the same role, but person A also needs some privileges that person B shouldn't have, I have to kind of copy the existing role, link that to the profiles I need and assign that new 'mixed' role to the user A. It would be nice if we can assign multiple roles to a single user, like the document stated. Surely we could add this to the UI field and the database, but does the current codebase reflect that in the sense that permissions will be checked against multiple roles at the time permissions need to be checked?

That documentation is old, so take it with a grain of salt.

Each user has one role.
To accomplish what you explain above the you need two roles, one for A and one for B. A will have all the profiles of B, plus some special profile that will give him the privileges he needs.
I don't actually see the difference between adding various profiles and adding various roles. In the end you are grouping profiles.
Joe
TSolucio

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the use of roles and profiles when we can only select one role per user? - joebordes - 12-09-2018, 02:57 PM