Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod Tracker for Vtiger5.2.1
Hello I am using vtiger 5.2.1 and i want to install modtracker for the history ..plz help me how can i do this.
I have install Modtracker from vtiger5.4 but its not working
If I remember correctly ModTracker was released for 5.4, it didn't exist before that.

You will have to adapt (downgrade) the code (which should work in general), it shouldn't be difficult to get it working, but I would recommend you update to the latest version of coreBOS, for security, performance, features, ...

If you want us to adapt the code to 5.2, look for me, I will send you a quote.
Joe
TSolucio
(05-28-2020, 09:54 PM)joebordes Wrote: If I remember correctly ModTracker was released for 5.4, it didn't exist before that.

You will have to adapt (downgrade) the code (which should work in general), it shouldn't be difficult to get it working, but I would recommend you update to the latest version of coreBOS, for security, performance, features, ...

If you want us to adapt the code to 5.2, look for me, I will send you a quote.

Can u tell me how can i downgrade and also send me quotes for 5.2.1
Downgrading the module consists in reading the code to find all the usage of functions that are part of vtiger crm 5.3 and 5.4 and either, bringing in that functionality from those versions or substituting that code for equivalent functionality that is part of 5.2
Mostly it is about reviewing the whole module finding errors due to the difference between the versions of vrtigercrm and finding a way to adapt the code.

It is a very manual/intellectual work and it helps a lot to have knowledge of the changes that happened from one version to the next.

I'll send you an email with a quote.

Let me know how it goes
Joe
TSolucio