Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems upgrading from vtiger 5.2.1
(04-16-2016, 12:06 PM)gorundown Wrote: ALTER TABLE vtiger_field CHANGE COLUMN selected defaultvalue TEXT default ''
UPDATE vtiger_field SET defaultvalue='' WHERE defaultvalue='0'

In 5.3 the vtiger_field.selected column was renamed to vtiger_field.defaultvalue, that is what the two lines above do. You are probably getting an error because it isn't the first time they are executed. They will only work once, after that the "selected" column doesn't exist anymore so they fail. I think you can safely ignore those two.

(04-16-2016, 12:06 PM)gorundown Wrote: FAILURE UPDATE vtiger_field SET presence = 2 WHERE tabid= AND fieldname = 'ship_pobox'

This is the important one, for some reason the code cannot read the tabdata.php file so it can't get the Quote tabid.

Recover your database from your copy, then make sure al files are writable and finally copy the parenttab.php and tabdata.php files from your production site into the migration test site. Over write the ones in the migration test.

(04-16-2016, 12:06 PM)gorundown Wrote: My best guess is that the migration stopped after receiving some FAILUREs and there was more to be done.

I agree, this is what happened.

(04-16-2016, 12:06 PM)gorundown Wrote: I have backups of everything, so I can always retry a new migration, but I don't know where to go from here.

Nice !! Very smart move :-)

One last thing. I just tried the migration to make sure it was still working and I found an error which has nothing to do with your case but that you may run into if you advance to the next step. I committed the code to github repository so please, update your copy before continuing.

Keep us informed.
Joe
TSolucio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problems upgrading from vtiger 5.2.1 - joebordes - 04-16-2016, 11:18 PM