Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can only receive first test email, then no more sending
Okay,

I've discovered mails weren't sent properly to almost any account except our own domain. I've been experimenting with changing the outgoing SMTP server. I've setup an email account in my DirectAdmin panel, tested through roundcube, sending to hotmail and other domain is OK. But in coreBOS, I can only get the first test email working. After that, if I try to send a test e-mail I, the first time the 'send to' email get shortened to only the name. I reselect the account or contact and try again. Then I get a 500 error. I've setup the SMTP server using the 'tls://' prefix and using port 587. I've setup the PHPMailer debugging, the ultimate error is this:

Code:
SMTP ERROR: Password command failed: 535 Incorrect authentication data
SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.CLIENT -> SERVER: QUIT

But, as said, the first test email works (the automated one).

Seem to have found this out. I could only use the main DirectAdmin user. Any sub-users were declined. By the way: excellent tips on how to setup the mailserver Setup outgoing mailserver coreBOS docs.
Do you have the field "From" set? Try leaving it empty, this is 90% of the cases.
Also, note that PHP5.6 has changed the way they treat secure connections. On that version and forward you must have a valid domain certification for encryption to work. You can use the options of "not validated" if that is your case.

Any firewall on the server?
Joe
TSolucio
It worked for me either with or without setting the "from" field, after I discovered the SMTP user/account had to be the main user on the DirectAdmin panel. I was using a sub-user earlier. I think we're still running PHP 5.5 on this server. Anyway, I've successfully sent mail to, for instance my hotmail account (sometimes in the spamfolder, sometimes directly into the inbox), which at first wasn't working at all.

You mean, 'not validated' on the SSL or TLS options?
(11-28-2016, 04:10 PM)Guido1982 Wrote: You mean, 'not validated' on the SSL or TLS options?

Yes, correct.

Glad you got it working.
Joe
TSolucio
Okay, it worked too, Joe.

But I understand that in this field, all responses to emails are directed to this mailbox

When it is blank, the response to a user's mailbox that you sent.

Am I right?
Ranieri
eCRM Web
Yes, that is correct.
Joe
TSolucio