Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Latest Version (error)
(02-26-2017, 09:38 PM)joebordes Wrote: paste here the value of "User/Group" in phpinfo output and a screen capture of an "ls -l" of the top directory if the coreBOS application

Finally got it resolved: stinking SELinux. GAH! how'd that get in there?

Finished the install and it's working. Good grief! That SELinux has got to go!
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Now all I gotta do is get my data from the old server to the new one.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Good :-)

For the data it should be easy, coreBOS know how to sync the database and the code. So if you delete the install database and load a copy of your data into a database with the same name, all you should need to do is login as the admin user, go to coreBOS updater, load and apply all.
Joe
TSolucio
(02-27-2017, 12:34 AM)joebordes Wrote: Good :-)

For the data it should be easy, coreBOS know how to sync the database and the code. So if you delete the install database and load a copy of your data into a database with the same name, all you should need to do is login as the admin user, go to coreBOS updater, load and apply all.

There is so much new existing in the corebos7 database though the menus disappear and when I can get to the updater module only one column is present: edit|delete.

Assuming that 5.5 and 7 are so far apart that a migration won't work either, is there a method from within CoreBOS that will import the data from the old database to the new one?
Mark

Well, since consequences for things on this new server are pretty low, I'm going to move an instance of my current CoreBOS installation (5.5) over and see what happens when I do a migration. Ya know... till I get this all said and done it's going to take me a day just to document this process.  Cool
Mark

(02-27-2017, 11:57 AM)mweaver Wrote: Well, since consequences for things on this new server are pretty low, I'm going to move an instance of my current CoreBOS installation (5.5) over and see what happens when I do a migration. Ya know... till I get this all said and done it's going to take me a day just to document this process.  Cool

yeah... that's not happening.. I can't roll-back the PHP upgrade so I'm going to have to reload the server OS to bring the older version of PHP back. It would appear there's no clear migration path from 5.5 to 7.0 unless I've missed something and I've got to get things moved off the old LAMP server to the new one. Easiest thing  to do that won't affect my sanity is to reload while there's little impact.

I'll start a new thread when I get that done and start the processes.  Tongue
Mark

when you copy your database to the new install you have to regenerate the tabdata.php file and the user_privielges files, that is why you only have one column and the menu isn't loaded.

there are two files in build/HelperScripts that will do the two tasks:

update_tabdata
createuserfiles
Joe
TSolucio
Say... I was wondering about something. Are there versions between 5.5 and 7.0? My thinking is this: Its a pretty big jump from 5.5 to 7.0 and if there are versions in between the two points I could do a series of migrations. I've got them both running side-by-side on the new server, although since it's not in production yet I'm not really doing anything with the 5.5 install there.
Mark

The answer is yes and no. The thing is that 5.5 brought coreBOS updater:

http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:devel:corebosupdater

and that changed everything. Thanks to this module we all of sudden do not need to migrate ever again, coreBOS has become a continuous development process. Whenever we need to make database changes we add a changeset, when you do a "git pull" and update your code, coreBOS updater will sync all necessary/pending database changes, so migrations do not exist and neither do version numbers. Version numbers have become a mere marketing tool. The real version number is the git commit number you are on and that changes every day, in fact most days it changes various times.

In short, do not look at the version number, sync your code with the github repository and update frequently. I have many clients upgrading monthly, some even more frequently, others when they need it but I really recommend not wating more than a few months....

keep asking if it is not clear.

Once again, all you have to do to migrate to the latest version of coreBOS is:
- copy your database to a new install of the latest code
- execute update_tabdata and create_userfiles
- login, go to coreBOS updater: load and apply all

similar to this but easier
http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:upgradevt2cb
Joe
TSolucio
Hi Joe,

Just to clarify, when you say /copy/ the database to the install, do you mean copy the physical DB files from one folder to the new database folder, or copy old Db data into the new database?

This has been rolling around in my head for days now and I want to make sure I understand what you're saying.

Thanks
Mark