Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imap Connections in Mail Manager (CoreBOS 7)
Issue: 
Unable to connect to any local Imap accounts with Mail Manager.

History:
Up until yesterday my working version of CoreBOS was 5.5 running on my aging CentOS 5.11 server which i'm currently migrating from. I've moved into CoreBOS 7 running on CentOS 7.3. Both servers have are providing IMAP, and SMTP services, however, only the C5 server is receiving traffic. I've also got an active MS Exchange server on the same subnet: I need the calendaring that it provides along with contacts tasks, etc... a story for another time.

At any rate, CoreBOS55 was able to connect to any IMAP service on my subnet no problem... Including my Exchange server. All these connections can/were made using local subnet IP address. Currently CoreBOS55 Mail Manager is connected to the Exchange server; mostly because SMTP services on the C5 server are using procmail to shunt incoming mail for my account to my Exchange server. I don't use Mail Manager a lot, but now and then a message reply from a client comes in that I will add to an Organization, or a Trouble-ticket or Contact for historical purposes: hence the need to connect the Mail Manager to a local IMAP service.

I can complete the connection to Gmail, and it sees the folders there, but when I click on the Inbox folder of my Gmail account it just sits there displaying: Loading (with the little spinning js thing.)

Any ideas?

Edit: (forgot some things)

I use Kaseya for Monitoring clients machines and such. One of the things it monitors for me are the event logs on client servers and workstations. When ever it detects something I've instructed it to create a ticket for, it does so, then sends that ticket information to an email account that CoreBOS monitors for certain criteria and then creates a trouble-ticket for me. 

Strange thing here is, that while Mail Manager can't seem to make a working IMAP connection, MailScanner and Workflow are doing just fine at that very thing. 
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
This is a little over my head. Let me throw a few ideas around see if something turns up:

- you are on centos, so double check selinux configuration
- as of php 5.6, php requires valid certificates in your email domains, on those versions I have only been able to configure email using TLS no-valid-certificates
- activate debug log see if there are any clues in the log: http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:devel:debuging
Joe
TSolucio
(03-11-2017, 10:23 AM)joebordes Wrote: This is a little over my head. Let me throw a few ideas around see if something turns up:

- you are on centos, so double check selinux configuration
- as of php 5.6, php requires valid certificates in your email domains, on those versions I have only been able to configure email using TLS no-valid-certificates
- activate debug log see if there are any clues in the log: http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:devel:debuging

Hi Joe,

Thank you for pointing me in a direction and for the reference to the documentation at doku. I have a feeling you've hit pretty close with that shot about valid certs because it is CentOS 7 and I have been working on STARTTLS (IMAP and SMTP) on this new server. What you're saying her tracks with what I'm seeing. So, I've re-activated CoreBOS55 on the old server (I'm keeping CoreBOS7 on the new server as is because most of the bits are working and when I get Dovecot and Sendmail squared away I'm hoping things with CoreBOS7 will work better.) Its just going to take longer to get things migrated. Not like there's a drop-dead deadline on the migration.

And since this is the fist time I've serious looked at and attempted full-throttle and proper secure IMAP and TLS/SSL SMTP I'm pretty certain I've got things slightly cocked up right now on Merlin. So, I've got a lot more reading and testing to do for this. At the moment I can authenticate to SMTP but it's in plain text and the certs for Dovecot and Sendmail are self-signed so if its as you've stated this is going to cause a problem for PHP (PHP on Merlin is 5.4.16).

All in all I have a feeling that things are going to have to be simplified with dovecot and Sendmail and start again from there.

On the bright side, CoreBOS 7, for the most part, works beautifully and migrating data from the old to the new works nicely too now.  Smile  And I will be keeping CoreBOS7 up to date so that I don't wind up having issues with getting it up to date later. I don't plan on this taking too long, but I gotta get a few things on Merlin cleaned up and be able to work at the same time.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Quote:activate debug log see if there are any clues in the log: http://corebos.org/documentation/doku.php?id=en:devel:debuging

I was reading through this yesterday and did activate this, but most of what I was seeing was all database calls and no information in regards to the message getting built and sent out. The only evidence that the email being sent out was messed up was after it hit where it was being sent. I'd view the source and see that everything stopped at the point where subject and body would normally appear.
Mark