Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! How to Reset Menu to Default
I've done it now. This morning while working on a few things I wanted to make some minor changes to the menu. I wanted to hide a section (category) I never use and accidently hid a section I use constantly; Support. 

How do I reset the menu back to it's default configuration?

I wondered how long it would take to get myself into trouble. I've had C7 running for a month.. guess it took all of a month.  Big Grin
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
Just add the new menu top entry and all the modules you want inside it. In other words, just edit the menu to your needs.
Joe
TSolucio
thanks Joe... that's working. it's out of the normal order but I can live with that. I was having trouble making a top-level menu item before. Not sure why.
Mark

[i]If I could work while on horseback that's where I'd be doing it. There's nothing like riding... Gives new meaning to the phrase, ride to live... live to ride.[/i]
You have to drag and drop. You can drag any menu element to any other position both to order them as you need and also to convert a menu to a top level or lower level entry. You can completely define how you want the menu, even sublevel menus or top-level direct access URLs. Total reconfigurability.
Joe
TSolucio
Menu editor, has button save, but changes is made immediately.

If you remove a item, for example, even you do not click on save button, item will be removed.

This not good practice, I think.
Ranieri
eCRM Web
The design of the menu editor is like this:

=> The panel on the right is an action panel, anything you do there will take effect immediately and reflect on the left panel tree.

=> The tree on the left is so you can see all the elements, even the non-visible ones and order them by drag and drop. Once you have ordered the entries as you need you must click the save button to make those changes permanent.

=> If you want to add an element but not have it seen by anyone until you have it in place, create it with the "visible" property unchecked and then check it when you are finished placing it.
Joe
TSolucio
yeah... I just rebuilt the menu that I, ahem... /lost/ and it's all good again. Just bothered me that I made the wrong one invisible and then couldn't bring it back. Just seemed to evaporate. Of course, it's entirely possible that I /thought/ I made it invisible when I could have actually fat-fingered something and deleted it instead. Who knows... it was one of those days.
Mark

:-)

Happy New Year!!
Joe
TSolucio
(12-30-2017, 03:29 PM)joebordes Wrote: The design of the menu editor is like this:

=> The panel on the right is an action panel, anything you do there will take effect immediately and reflect on the left panel tree.

=> The tree on the left is so you can see all the elements, even the non-visible ones and order them by drag and drop. Once you have ordered the entries as you need you must click the save button to make those changes permanent.

=> If you want to add an element but not have it seen by anyone until you have it in place, create it with the "visible" property unchecked and then check it when you are finished placing it.

I tested again, and reproduce at online demo.

If you remove a module or menu, in left side, changes is permanent, even without click on save button.
Ranieri
eCRM Web
How do you do that?
Joe
TSolucio