Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems upgrading from vtiger 5.2.1
What does you $site_URL variable contain in config.inc.php?
Joe
TSolucio
(04-30-2016, 07:00 PM)joebordes Wrote: What does you $site_URL variable contain in config.inc.php?

$site_URL = 'http://192.168.1.166:8080';

I have it running on port 8080 because I have other code running on 80 and 443 in apache.
Ok, that explains it. The session name is all numbers and that is not accepted.
I have just added a change that should fix your problem:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/commit/00e665cc257d6b94e3e0ba8527cf294678d1e2f9

update your code and let me know how it goes.
Joe
TSolucio
(04-30-2016, 10:21 PM)joebordes Wrote: Ok, that explains it. The session name is all numbers and that is not accepted.
I have just added a change that should fix your problem:

https://github.com/tsolucio/corebos/commit/00e665cc257d6b94e3e0ba8527cf294678d1e2f9

update your code and let me know how it goes.

That did the trick.  I'm in.
Thanks Joe!
:-)

Have a nice weekend
Joe
TSolucio
Is there any "upgrade safe" way to change "Organizations" back to "Accounts"?
No, not yet, but we are close.
At the moment you will have to modify the files and play with git.

A "trick" we use on some of our installs that may help is to load a file at the end of the language file:

PHP Code:
// Organization Hierarchy
'LBL_SHOW_ACCOUNT_HIERARCHY' => 'Show Organization Hierarchy',
'Accounts ID' => 'Organizations ID',

// Adds e-Factura Fields
'LBL_NAME'=>'Name',
);

@include(
'modules/Accounts/language/overrideTranslation.php');
?>

and then in the overrideTranslation.php file you set the translations you need:

PHP Code:
<?php
$mod_strings
['Accounts ID'] = 'Accounts ID';
?>

This way most of the changes we make in the file won't conflict with your translations.

Let me know how it goes.

BTW, it would be better if next time you create a new thread when you change topic :-)
Joe
TSolucio
I'm stepping through the install again and documenting the steps. There are some issues with the installer that I want to bring to your attention.

When taking the code from GitHub and copying it over a vtiger 5.2.1 install and then going to /install.php in a browser, when I get to the "Confirm Configuration Settings", it always says: "Unable to connect to database Server. Invalid mySQL Connection Parameters specified"

My workaround, was to edit the config.inc.php file directly with the database credentials.

So, THEN, if I begin the install again, I will get past the page "Confirm Configuration Settings" page and I come to the "Pre-Migration Tools" page and it says: "Your database table engine is not the recommended engine "Innodb". Please make sure to change the engine before migration."

Even though this is not true for my database. AND when I click "View Report", I get: "Required tables were detected to be in proper Engine type (InnoDB).
You can close this window and proceed further with migration."

I click "Next", and I get back to "Confirm Configuration Settings" with the same error message: "Unable to connect to database Server. Invalid mySQL Connection Parameters specified"

BUT THEN, if I click "Change", and then click "Next", and then "Next" again at the "Pre-Migration Tools" screen, I finally get to the "Confirm Configuration Settings" screen and the migration can begin.

I've gone through the install process about 4 times now just to verify the process and the steps above occur EVERY time. I've even upgraded to vtiger 5.3 and then to 5.4 and then to corebos and the same steps occur.

Other Tips that helped me through:
1.) The password set for admin doesn't work after upgrade. Had to do the old vtiger admin password reset trick: UPDATE vtiger_users SET user_password = 'adpexzg3FUZAk', crypt_type='' WHERE id=1;
--> Which resets the password to admin. That got me in.

2.) Update your tables to INNODB through the mysql command line before you do the migration.
Very easy to do: ALTER TABLE tablename ENGINE=InnoDB;

3.) To make the upgrade go faster, disable all the users except for admin:
CREATE TABLE vtiger_users_backup as select * from vtiger_users;
update vtiger_users set status='Inactive',deleted=1 where user_name<>'admin';

Then, after it's done, activate them again:
update vtiger_users inner join vtiger_users_backup on vtiger_users.id=vtiger_users_backup.id set vtiger_users.status=vtiger_users_backup.status,vtiger_users.deleted=vtiger_users_backup.deleted where vtiger_users.user_name<>'admin';

This cuts down the time to upgrade down to about 5 minutes.